Singapore Expats

applying singapore PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
peter118

applying singapore PR

Post by peter118 » Fri, 11 Apr 2014 4:51 pm

:roll: Hi Everyone

please help I have been working in Singapore legally for almost ten years

and now I have found the love of my life and now married to a Singapore girl I am thinking applying Singapore pr . the big problem I have now is that ten years ago I overstayed in Singapore for more than 6 month where I surrender myself to the police now I was wondering should I declared to the ica or keep quiet about it

please help.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: applying singapore PR

Post by the lynx » Fri, 11 Apr 2014 5:01 pm

peter118 wrote::roll: Hi Everyone

please help I have been working in Singapore legally for almost ten years

and now I have found the love of my life and now married to a Singapore girl I am thinking applying Singapore pr . the big problem I have now is that ten years ago I overstayed in Singapore for more than 6 month where I surrender myself to the police now I was wondering should I declared to the ica or keep quiet about it

please help.
Eh, if you have been working in Singapore for almost ten years, that means you had a work visa right? Then how did you end up overstaying?

Anyway you should just declare this to ICA, and since the incident is in Singapore, whether you declare it or not, ICA would have known about it through their records. But whether declaring will improve your chances, that is another question.

gold.spot
Regular
Regular
Answers: 1

Post by gold.spot » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 1:52 am

I think he said he overstayed ten years ago. And that he handed himself over to the police back then.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 9:30 am

Declaring it won't help his chances, but NOT declaring it will certainly hinder his chances. :-|

Let your conscience be your guide. (with a healthy dollop of common sense).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Local Talent

Post by Local Talent » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 12:26 pm

If I understand it correctly your overstay happened before the
ten years that you were staying here legally
So if you were allowed to stay here despite the past offence
committed wouldn't it meant that the authorities have known
about it . In this case if I were you I would not mention the
overstay unless it is mentioned in the application form to state
past offences.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 13 Apr 2014 1:06 pm

Which is why he is asking the question. I guess you really wouldn't know as you are a local and wouldn't know too much about the processes & hoops that foreigners have to jump through to help you all.

:P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers