Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
FluffyPanda

Post by FluffyPanda » Thu, 10 Apr 2014 7:45 pm

Ceasor wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
Going on the 27th too! Keep one another posted when we receive the email with confirmation of details for that day?:)
2 of my friends on KIV received their email today for the review on the 27th :)

Hi! I went for the interview on 15th of March as well and was put in the KIV list. They told me that my review would probably be on the next walk-in interview which should be on the 27th. I haven't receive any email from them so far. Been checking it daily. I'm actually from Malaysia and need some planning before heading down to SG. May I know whats your friend's availability period and what was their interview time at STC on March 16? Getting a lil worried now. Haha. =)

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Fri, 11 Apr 2014 12:37 am

FluffyPanda wrote:
Ceasor wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
Going on the 27th too! Keep one another posted when we receive the email with confirmation of details for that day?:)
2 of my friends on KIV received their email today for the review on the 27th :)

Hi! I went for the interview on 15th of March as well and was put in the KIV list. They told me that my review would probably be on the next walk-in interview which should be on the 27th. I haven't receive any email from them so far. Been checking it daily. I'm actually from Malaysia and need some planning before heading down to SG. May I know whats your friend's availability period and what was their interview time at STC on March 16? Getting a lil worried now. Haha. =)
got my email today too! (:

hope you get yours within these few days as well! goodluck everyone!

FluffyPanda

Post by FluffyPanda » Fri, 11 Apr 2014 10:44 am

manythoughts wrote:
FluffyPanda wrote:
Ceasor wrote: 2 of my friends on KIV received their email today for the review on the 27th :)

got my email today too! (:

hope you get yours within these few days as well! goodluck everyone!
Thanks!! Just got my call from SIA. Review on the 27th. =D

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Fri, 11 Apr 2014 4:54 pm

Hi all!

Another friend of mine has received a text from Mary to submit his outstanding documents. His availability is immediate and he only just received news from them. So don't worry people! You Golden Call/Text will come soon!

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Fri, 11 Apr 2014 8:43 pm

FluffyPanda wrote: Thanks!! Just got my call from SIA. Review on the 27th. =D
Omg, I missed their call. Tried to call back but cant seem to get through :-|

FluffyPanda

Post by FluffyPanda » Sat, 12 Apr 2014 6:02 pm

MeganL wrote:
FluffyPanda wrote: Thanks!! Just got my call from SIA. Review on the 27th. =D
Omg, I missed their call. Tried to call back but cant seem to get through :-|
I don't think you can call back that num. I tried too when I first missed their call. But then they called back. I think the num has been blocked for incoming call just in case ppl spam it. I'm sure they will call you back on Mon or something. Don't worry! :)

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 11:09 am

Hey guys, anyone going down for the interview on the 26th April? I'm planning to go around 8am or earlier to avoid the queue. Anyone tried for the interview before, do you know what time the queue starts building up?

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 1:57 pm

FluffyPanda wrote:
I don't think you can call back that num. I tried too when I first missed their call. But then they called back. I think the num has been blocked for incoming call just in case ppl spam it. I'm sure they will call you back on Mon or something. Don't worry! :)
Hi yes! They called me back this morning! :) The nice lady advised me to finish my treatment before going back for skin check review, so my review will be in July, which is the next recruitment exercise. :shock:

So guys, if you are wondering, there probably won't be any walk-in interview sessions in May and June.

staxtics

Post by staxtics » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 3:12 pm

Slapoutxx wrote:Hey guys, anyone going down for the interview on the 26th April? I'm planning to go around 8am or earlier to avoid the queue. Anyone tried for the interview before, do you know what time the queue starts building up?
Based on my experience, I went down at 7.30am and was placed in group 11

puffygoonkz

Post by puffygoonkz » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 8:03 pm

Hi everyone! I'm new! Sounds really exciting to read about batches of people being accepted by SIA. I've always wanted to fly but have also been very hesitant because since I was younger, my parents have been drumming into my system that being a member of the cabin crew is an equivalent of a "high class waitress". Feeling obligated to make them happy, I took up a typical white-collared job and was even bonded because my company paid for my tuition fees. Now that my bond has ended, I'm 28 going on 29 this year. I've read on some forums that the cut off age is 25; some claim that the cut off is 28; some say that there is no cut off (since SIA now has no age limit for flying); some have also claimed that people actually do join at 30. Any one has any thoughts? I gave the March interview a shot but was rejected at the management round - so near yet so far. I'm tempted yet at the same time also hesitant to try again because of my age (a lot more at stake). Yet I was so near yet so far. *confused* My birthday is in October; don't really want to put myself in a situation when I have to introduce myself and say I'm 29. =( anyone has any thoughts?

Word of advice: to all you young ladies and gentlemen who are considering a flying career, I strongly encourage all of you to go try before it's too late!

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 8:10 pm

staxtics wrote:
Slapoutxx wrote:Hey guys, anyone going down for the interview on the 26th April? I'm planning to go around 8am or earlier to avoid the queue. Anyone tried for the interview before, do you know what time the queue starts building up?
Wow, looks I won't be the only early riser. I'm planning to go down at 7am in that case! Is there any sign boards showing where to queue? How do u find where exactly in the hotel is the interview?

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Mon, 14 Apr 2014 8:15 pm

puffygoonkz wrote:Hi everyone! I'm new! Sounds really exciting to read about batches of people being accepted by SIA. I've always wanted to fly but have also been very hesitant because since I was younger, my parents have been drumming into my system that being a member of the cabin crew is an equivalent of a "high class waitress". Feeling obligated to make them happy, I took up a typical white-collared job and was even bonded because my company paid for my tuition fees. Now that my bond has ended, I'm 28 going on 29 this year. I've read on some forums that the cut off age is 25; some claim that the cut off is 28; some say that there is no cut off (since SIA now has no age limit for flying); some have also claimed that people actually do join at 30. Any one has any thoughts? I gave the March interview a shot but was rejected at the management round - so near yet so far. I'm tempted yet at the same time also hesitant to try again because of my age (a lot more at stake). Yet I was so near yet so far. *confused* My birthday is in October; don't really want to put myself in a situation when I have to introduce myself and say I'm 29. =( anyone has any thoughts?

Word of advice: to all you young ladies and gentlemen who are considering a flying career, I strongly encourage all of you to go try before it's too late!

I remember reading in someone's blog,that she was rejected as the cut of age was 28. She tried at 29 and got rejected, and one of the staff actually told her it's solely because of her age. On the bright side, you still have a good chance since your birthday isn't here yet! All the best!

staxtics

Post by staxtics » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 8:54 am

Slapoutxx wrote:
staxtics wrote:
Wow, looks I won't be the only early riser. I'm planning to go down at 7am in that case! Is there any sign boards showing where to queue? How do u find where exactly in the hotel is the interview?
Once you enter the hotel, climb up the stairs to your left and you will be able to see the queue

Gist

Post by Gist » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 8:57 am

Hello everyone!
Any tips for round 1? Would be my 4th try this coming 26th! :(

Slapoutxx

Post by Slapoutxx » Tue, 15 Apr 2014 8:58 am

staxtics wrote:
Slapoutxx wrote:
staxtics wrote: Based on my experience, I went down at 7.30am and was placed in group 11
Once you enter the hotel, climb up the stairs to your left and you will be able to see the queue
I'm thinking of going at 6am actually,hoping it's not too early. Anyone else planning on going that early?