Singapore Expats

Lets compile a trusted list of recommended service providers

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
dinnertan

Lets compile a trusted list of recommended service providers

Post by dinnertan » Tue, 08 Apr 2014 4:14 pm

This has probably happened to you before:
When my water heater broke down last month, I turned to google to find a plumber. After dismantling the existing heater, the plumber offered to replace the heater with one that was 4 times more expensive that my last one, even though the model was practically the same, with the same water capacity and everything. When I refused to purchase it, he insisted on a $250 house call charge just to disconnect the old heater.

Needless to say, this kind of experience was terribly unpleasant, and got me thinking about how we find trusted service providers.

How can the process of finding good service providers be made easier?

We all know that the best service providers are the ones that come highly recommended by friends / family / people we know and trust.

That's why I am trying to compile a list of the service providers in SG, based ONLY on recommendations from "someone you know". And what better way to do that but on Facebook?

So, if you have a trusted service provider to recommend, please add it at the link below. In return, I'll send you back the complete list that includes everybody else's recommendations by the end of the month.

The more you share, the more listings we get to compile (hopefully). The only caveat is: if you recommend it, you should have used them before. Otherwise it doesn't count.

Please help, thanks!

martincymru
Reporter
Reporter

Post by martincymru » Wed, 09 Apr 2014 1:33 pm

I may be wrong but your text reads like a business start up. I believe this Forum is not for that.

If I am wrong then you have good intentions but in reality it is not going to work.

I am a pro in the Construction business so I probably know better than you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 09 Apr 2014 2:54 pm

Additionally, that is the primary purpose of this forum. That is why we have such a good search engine here. Sorry, I don't think we will be needing your services. Have a good day.

NB: if you check my links page it's already been done. Additionally, it would seem you ARE trying to do a startup of some form or the other as you said this was FB and it's not. :wave:

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers