Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.

Post by Guest » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 5:05 pm

Hey, have u already recieved a call from Silkair 2nd interview?

guest~

Silkair Interview

Post by guest~ » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 5:26 pm

I thought they said 1 week? moreover the interview just ended yesterday...so I don't think they'll call up so soon.

I checked their website just now...they are still waiting for people to write in.

Wonder how long we've gotta wait.

wacky

Post by wacky » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 11:59 pm

hi.. i would like to know izzit a muz to know how to swim?

Post by Guest » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 1:16 am

wacky wrote:hi.. i would like to know izzit a muz to know how to swim?
up pa then....

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 1:24 am

yeha i believe we still have to wait a few more days b4 any of us get a call. cuz the interviews just ended yesterday so i think they need more time to review everyone.

be patient and im sujre u'll get ur answer soon. Im still anticipating my call.. i hope i get thru too.. good luck to the rest of u who tried for silkair interview. lets pray we all get thru. =)

Post by Guest » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 9:39 am

Suzycreamcheeze wrote:yeha i believe we still have to wait a few more days b4 any of us get a call. cuz the interviews just ended yesterday so i think they need more time to review everyone.

be patient and im sujre u'll get ur answer soon. Im still anticipating my call.. i hope i get thru too.. good luck to the rest of u who tried for silkair interview. lets pray we all get thru. =)
True, anyone who's gotten a call, do inform us?! Good luck everyone!

KittyKat

Re: Let's go Bali

Post by KittyKat » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 9:43 am

Blue wrote:I know this may sound like a crazy idea to some of you. But I am considering going to Bali to attend the Emirates recruitment. I am located in Singapore but I believe that is no reason to give up the chance for an interivew in Bali. I'm looking for travelling mates to travel from Singapore to Bali. So if you are seriously interested, please send me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss further.
This is no kidding matter, so please email only if you really intend to go. Take your time and think through it. :) [/url]
Yeah!! That's da spirit, Blue! :lol: Y'know I'm going to Bali too for Emirates! Met a gal in dis forum who would like to go too! Luckily, we're in Indonesia.. :wink: At first, I even thought that I will go ALONE. There's no reason not to come to da walk-in. NEVER TRY, NEVER KNOW... :wink:

Gd luck,

-KittyKat-

Guest.

Post by Guest. » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 10:02 am

Hi everyone,

I also went for SilkAir interview on the 2nd day. My group was quite competitive.. with ex-air stewardess and a few models. I was not at all nervous at the beginning but after self intro from the rest (I was put last), I mumbled when i started introducing. :lol: Anyway, ALL THE BEST TO ALL CANDIDATES ! :D

Rgds

Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:39 pm

Guest. wrote:Hi everyone,

I also went for SilkAir interview on the 2nd day. My group was quite competitive.. with ex-air stewardess and a few models. I was not at all nervous at the beginning but after self intro from the rest (I was put last), I mumbled when i started introducing. :lol: Anyway, ALL THE BEST TO ALL CANDIDATES ! :D

Rgds
hi
i went on the 2nd day too.
yes i agree wit u totally.
my groupp was darn competitive, most of em were working adults and in some public relations line. their communications skills are superb

i hope for the best. and good luck to you.
:P

Guest.

Post by Guest. » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:52 pm

Good Luck to U Catmeat! Hope to receive our good news in a week. :wink:

guest~

Silkair Interview

Post by guest~ » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 1:08 pm

I went on the first day, my group was not competitive at all. In fact, some did not even speak for more than 2sentence.

JaS

Post by JaS » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 1:33 pm

I guess competition's much higher for sq

triz

Post by triz » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 3:27 pm

All the best to you guys!! :D

=>

Post by => » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 3:52 pm

HI everyone! After reading some of the posts in this forum, i am already considering a job as an air stewardess. I am only 15 this year , so i think that dream is still quite far away. Well, good luck to all and all the best in your interviews!

Post by Guest » Fri, 03 Jun 2005 4:09 pm

too bad... to join SIA, these are the requirements:

- Singapore citizenship or PR status
- Males who are at least 1.65m in height; females who are at least 1.58m
- At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘O’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination, or a Diploma from a local polytechnic; (Applicants with higher qualifications are welcome to apply)
- Those who have completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service;
(Those in the process of completing NS may also apply)
- The willingness and commitment to serve a compulsory service bond

Preference will be given to candidates who are able to speak a foreign language or are experienced in customer service.

Training & Bond
If you make it through our rigorous selection process, you will undergo about 4 months training and will be required to serve a service bond.

Remuneration and Service Benefits
Apart from the opportunity to experience various cultures and meet new people from around the world, upon completion of training, you can also look forward to salary and allowances of about S$3,500 a month, an annual wage supplement of one month’s basic salary and profit-sharing bonus. You will also be entitled to free travel to any SIA destination once a year and enjoy discounted travel at other times. There is an attractive annual leave scheme and comprehensive training programmes.

APPLICATION DETAILS
If you fit our requirements and are interested to apply, email SIA Cabin Crew Application Form along with a cover letter and a recent full-length photograph of yourself by [DD/MM/YYYY] to: [email protected].

Alternatively, you may wish to post the application to the following address:

HR Recruitment (Cabin Crew)
Singapore Airlines Ltd, C/O 03-A
SIA Training Centre
Airmail Transit Centre
PO Box 501
Singapore 918101

Human Resource Division
Singapore Airlines Limited
Airmail Transit Centre
P O Box 501
Singapore 918101