Singapore Expats

Have you been to this meeting??

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Have you been to this meeting??

Post by uscate » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:10 am

And can you draw a kitten??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

Happy Hump Day!

nakatago

Re: Have you been to this meeting??

Post by nakatago » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:44 am

uscate wrote:And can you draw a kitten??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg

Happy Hump Day!
Every high-level meeting with a high number of managers.

And consultants.

And clients.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 12:10 pm

I have been in that meeting... and as the engineer who is supposed to solve all the problems. Unfortunately, it was my boss who sold the solution!

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 1:15 am

Strong Eagle wrote:I have been in that meeting... and as the engineer who is supposed to solve all the problems. Unfortunately, it was my boss who sold the solution!
^^^ +1000 times for me too. Usually with the sales people desperately trying to avoid any details that might threaten their commission potential. And the folks from 'HQ' promising everything the customer wants (plus a few other impossible things besides, just for garnish), and then asking about the dinner arrangements. Jaded? Me???
Be careful what you wish for

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 2:59 am

Mi Amigo wrote:
Strong Eagle wrote:I have been in that meeting... and as the engineer who is supposed to solve all the problems. Unfortunately, it was my boss who sold the solution!
^^^ +1000 times for me too. Usually with the sales people desperately trying to avoid any details that might threaten their commission potential. And the folks from 'HQ' promising everything the customer wants (plus a few other impossible things besides, just for garnish), and then asking about the dinner arrangements. Jaded? Me???
This is going to date me... and... back in the days of "data processing" where the only outputs from a computer were reams of fan fold green bar paper, it was well known that printers only had one large black ribbon.

Not known to all, apparently, for an enterprising salesman at our company closed a deal by promising the future customer that all credits would be printed in red.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 05 Apr 2014 11:45 am

If I am not mistaken you can draw 7 perpendicular lines and also some kittens on top of it. All you have to do is to use 7-dimentional, non-euclidean space. Now go, and rethink your approach to you customers.