Singapore Expats

Employment Pass Issue

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
rdueej
Regular
Regular

Post by rdueej » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 1:25 pm

I can check EP online for you. Check your PM.

tquader28

Post by tquader28 » Sun, 30 Mar 2014 1:31 pm

Hi mls and rdueej,

thanks for your comments.

my position is also at NUS and they have applied for my EP on 20th march. im still waiting for an outcome from MOM. have checked the EP online application status but still pending inputs from vetting agencies.

in my case, after signing the acceptance form, the central HR office sends you a link where you fill in the information (same as form8 of MOM) and then click submit. then i think central HR applies for your EP the very next day and then the usual waiting time of 1-2 weeks before MOM gives an outcome.

mine could be slightly different as im already holding a valid EP which was issued just last month (february), hence there could be additional checks or something.

so will just wait and hope for the best!

meaningless

Post by meaningless » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:57 am

Hi tquader28,

Thanks for your input. Last Friday I finally called to NUS and today I have received the link you mentioned. Fingers cross! :D

Best regards,
mls

meaningless

Post by meaningless » Fri, 04 Apr 2014 1:23 pm

Dear All,

I am extremely glad that I get all kind of help on the EP application on this forum and particularly from this thread. I would like to contribute to the forum and especially to provide reference for general newly hired foreigners in local University and especially to those who would like to work in NUS.

my timeline:

23Dec - verbal offer from my new boss
6 Jan - signed back the appointment application form
10 Feb - find out a mistake in email communication between me and the dean office, they started the process only from this time point
28 Feb - cleared by the Singapore Government for security check
11 Mar - Collection of Official Appointment letter
12 Mar - replied with signed acceptance form and dependent form
28 Mar - phone called to the dean office since I haven't heard anything back from them, find out the HR team haven't yet sent me the link for work pass application
31 Mar - Link sent from HR to me, application form completed and submitted at the same day
4 Apr - Checked on MOM website, S Pass approved (but not yet the official notification from NUS)

conclusion is if you waited for too long it is not a bad idea to call or ask politely, most of them are helpful and really friendly.

Best regards and good luck,
mls