Singapore Expats

My child born in Ukraine in need of good advice

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:41 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote: When this first came out back in 2012, it went viral here. Funny as the devil. Even had it on TV. Mentos scored a homerun with it but sadly, the locals spent more time signing it and not trying it. So it fizzled and didn't even the a rise...... :o in the fertility rate.
Hey you may never know. Perhaps they just want the fireworks but not the baby that comes with those.
Maybe. Maybe not.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12762559 :o
Overall, 51.3% of respondents (n=374) reported some degree of erectile dysfunction.
51.3% of the sample size is bad enough. Respondents are above 30 years old, which is pretty much THE AGE to settle down. Hmm... :-k

Icyrave

Post by Icyrave » Thu, 03 Apr 2014 6:37 am

x9200 ica said since im not married at the time of my childs birth i will be required to do a DNA test, i will need to bring them to singapore and get married and apply for ltvp, im not earning like 3k i think its going to be a problem, i will be getting paid like 2500 max but no cpf contributions. i hope everything will go well

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 03 Apr 2014 8:13 am

In cases like this ICA may be generally concerned about two things; whether:
1) the marriage is genuine (so it is not the marriage of convenience)
2) you have the means to sustain your family in Singapore

The DNA test aims likely at clearing the doubts of the first part and may, just may (my guess), accelerate a bit the process of getting LTVP+ for your wife to be. With this pass she can work here legally.

For the 2nd part there is no workaround (unless probably you can show a million dollar bank account) so you have to do your best to get a job that pays this >SGD2.8k. It is something important, even more, as you will have to support not only your wife but also the child.
I don't think CPF contribution really matters. It is what you can provide now and in future to support your family.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 03 Apr 2014 9:01 am

The 2.8K/mo must be able to show that it is basic salary and not part commission based as well. This is why they normally require 6 months payvouchers to support.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers