Singapore Expats

My child born in Ukraine in need of good advice

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 4:19 pm

Icyrave wrote:I am going to marry her for sure after June
i dare say your line of replies and questioning might begin to get you alienated... i think there were already good advice given above - if you are unable to understand and interpret them and still need spoon feeding, this may not be the best forum for you to get more "advices."
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

Icyrave

Post by Icyrave » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 8:10 pm

I just need advice on what steps I must take cause I do not know the system in Singapore for forigners so far I was told to get married to her and that I will do in June, I also read about my child getting citizenship by descend may I know more about that , and what I have to look out for

therat
Editor
Editor
Answers: 2

Post by therat » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:50 pm

Icyrave wrote:I just need advice on what steps I must take cause I do not know the system in Singapore for forigners so far I was told to get married to her and that I will do in June, I also read about my child getting citizenship by descend may I know more about that , and what I have to look out for
Your child will not able to get Singapore citizenship by descend.
You and your girlfriend need to be lawfully marriage before the baby was born.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid= ... rseasbirth

An overseas-born minor (child) may be eligible for Singapore Citizenship by Descent under Article 122(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, if his/her parents meet any of the following conditions:

* Male Singapore citizen by Birth who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth
* Male Singapore citizen by Registration who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth and minor does not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
* Female Singapore citizen by Birth and minor born on or after 15 May 2004
* Female Singapore citizen by Registration and minor born on or after 15 May 2004. Minor shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
Male (who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth) or Female Singapore citizen by Descent has to declare their residence period in Singapore. The application can only be accepted if the parent fulfils the requirements stipulated in the Annex.

[edit for typo correction]

Icyrave

Post by Icyrave » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 10:53 pm

Then I think I have no choose buy to renounce my citizenship

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 11:10 pm

therat wrote:
Icyrave wrote:I just need advice on what steps I must take cause I do not know the system in Singapore for forigners so far I was told to get married to her and that I will do in June, I also read about my child getting citizenship by descend may I know more about that , and what I have to look out for
Your child will not able to get Singapore citizenship by descend.
You and your girlfriend need to be lawfully marriage before the baby was born.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid= ... rseasbirth

An overseas-born minor (child) may be eligible for Singapore Citizenship by Descent under Article 122(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Singapore, if his/her parents meet any of the following conditions:

* Male Singapore citizen by Birth who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth
* Male Singapore citizen by Registration who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth and minor does not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
* Female Singapore citizen by Birth and minor born on or after 15 May 2004
* Female Singapore citizen by Registration and minor born on or after 15 May 2004. Minor shall not acquire citizenship of the country he was born by reason of his birth in that country
Male (who has a lawful marriage at time of minor's birth) or Female Singapore citizen by Descent has to declare their residence period in Singapore. The application can only be accepted if the parent fulfils the requirements stipulated in the Annex.

[edit for typo correction]
the extract quoted earlier by x9200 doesn't seem to include the part about lawful marriage at time of birth. Did I miss something or it is inconsistent ?

x9200

Post by x9200 » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 4:08 am

Yes, kind of. We had such discussion before and I forgot about it. Apparently the government has some extra regulations on top of these directly in the Constitution.

There is also one more thing, a child born in Ukraine to an Ukrainian citizen probably became an Ukrainian citizen by birth so this part may be applicable too:

(2) A person born outside Singapore shall not be a citizen of Singapore by descent by virtue of clause (1) unless —
(a)
his birth is registered in the prescribed manner at the Registry of Citizens or at a diplomatic or consular mission of Singapore within one year, or such longer period as the Government permits, after its occurrence; and
(b)
he would not acquire the citizenship of the country in which he was born by reason of his birth in that country...

Anyway, the earlier advice still applies just the process of acquiring the SG citizenship will be longer:
1. get married
2. apply for LTVP for both the child and the spouse
3. in due time apply for PR by family ties
4. after more than 5y (1 REP renewal) apply for SC

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 9:22 am

All these lockdown mechanisms preventing SC's from marrying outsiders, sounds like a credit card you can't seem to cancel.

and on the other hand there is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jxU89x78ac&app=desktop
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

pisceangirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pisceangirl » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 9:32 am

rajagainstthemachine wrote: and on the other hand there is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jxU89x78ac&app=desktop
OMG-hilarious! My favourite line would have to be- "Can't wait to buy a 900$ stroller!!!"
Don't get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are. (Tupac)

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Tue, 01 Apr 2014 10:03 am

National Night…..LOVE! It's gonna be….a REALLY REALLY REALLY Fancy Stroller!!!! Thank you for this - it IS an April Fool's joke…right??? :wink:

Icyrave

Post by Icyrave » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 9:14 am

Thank you x9200, I have been working without CPf contributions in the past and I just started working again, will it affect the application for ltvp? I really hope for my family to come to Singapore and to get pr or sc in the near future , and in ltvp can me and my wife apply for HDb house because we want to sell our property in Ukraine and buy a house here

Icyrave

Post by Icyrave » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 9:21 am

I've called ica and they want me to do a DNA test for my child and me

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:49 am

uscate wrote:National Night…..LOVE! It's gonna be….a REALLY REALLY REALLY Fancy Stroller!!!! Thank you for this - it IS an April Fool's joke…right??? :wink:
When this first came out back in 2012, it went viral here. Funny as the devil. Even had it on TV. Mentos scored a homerun with it but sadly, the locals spent more time signing it and not trying it. So it fizzled and didn't even the a rise...... :o in the fertility rate.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:57 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
uscate wrote:National Night…..LOVE! It's gonna be….a REALLY REALLY REALLY Fancy Stroller!!!! Thank you for this - it IS an April Fool's joke…right??? :wink:
When this first came out back in 2012, it went viral here. Funny as the devil. Even had it on TV. Mentos scored a homerun with it but sadly, the locals spent more time signing it and not trying it. So it fizzled and didn't even the a rise...... :o in the fertility rate.
Hey you may never know. Perhaps they just want the fireworks but not the baby that comes with those.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:23 am

Icyrave wrote:I've called ica and they want me to do a DNA test for my child and me
This seems a good sign. Have they said why do they need this?

For LTVP you need to go above a certain level with you salary but I don't remember how much it was. 2800-3000k?

http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=175

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 11:32 am

the lynx wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:
Hey you may never know. Perhaps they just want the fireworks but not the baby that comes with those.
Maybe. Maybe not.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12762559 :o
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers