Singapore Expats

SC applied PR for foreign spouse rejected. pls help advice

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bnr

SC applied PR for foreign spouse rejected. pls help advice

Post by bnr » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 8:24 pm

hello to all,

I would like to check with all the advisor here regarding to my wife application I sponsored which got rejected. We applied for PR on mid December 2013 and we got the result today sent to us via mail stating its rejected. We are quite demoralised atm.. Here are our profile.

Husband
Race: Chinese
Singapore Citizen
Qualification: Private Diploma in business
Working as a sales in finance industry going to 3 years. gross salary with commission is contributed to CPF every month. NOA tax for 2013 is 63k and 2014 is going to be 74k. (waiting for NOA)

Wife
Race: PRC
Qualification: ITE Nitec.
worked in sg under work permit from 2008 sep until 2014 feb. salary is about 2.3k per month previously. she is currently not working anymore as her work permit has ended. Applied PR for her when she was still working in dec. now she is on Shortterm pass back in sg

This is our first application to apply PR for my wife. We got married on 2012 oct. we bought a resaleHDB flat on aug 2013.. That time when we applied on dec 2013 my wife was not pregnant. now she is about 1 mth+ months pregnant. should we go to a MP and appeal for her PR application?

Pls do advice us what should we do now. as we would like our child to be born in sg and her shortterm pass is going to end in may. we also have a ltvp pending with ica now. Rejection letter only put marry to a sc/spr does not automatically grant pr. Would appreciate for the advices. thanks

taxico
Director
Director

Re: SC applied PR for foreign spouse rejected. pls help adv

Post by taxico » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 9:38 pm

bnr wrote:...We applied for PR on mid December 2013 and we got the result today sent to us via mail stating its rejected....

Husband
Race: Chinese
Singapore Citizen
Qualification: Private Diploma in business
Working as a sales in finance industry going to 3 years. gross salary with commission is contributed to CPF every month. NOA tax for 2013 is 63k and 2014 is going to be 74k. (waiting for NOA)

Wife
Race: PRC
Qualification: ITE Nitec.
worked in sg under work permit from 2008 sep until 2014 feb. salary is about 2.3k per month previously. she is currently not working anymore as her work permit has ended. Applied PR for her when she was still working in dec. now she is on Shortterm pass back in sg

This is our first application to apply PR for my wife. We got married on 2012 oct. we bought a resaleHDB flat on aug 2013.. That time when we applied on dec 2013 my wife was not pregnant. now she is about 1 mth+ months pregnant. should we go to a MP and appeal for her PR application?

Pls do advice us what should we do now. as we would like our child to be born in sg and her shortterm pass is going to end in may. we also have a ltvp pending with ica now. Rejection letter only put marry to a sc/spr does not automatically grant pr. Would appreciate for the advices. thanks
23 year old with a "private" diploma drawing 74k a year is a decent pay, but i wonder if ICA draws a distinction between basic salary and commission...?

have you followed all the procedures required to marry an (ex-)work permit holder? i would think a chinese national spouse (with the appropriate background/job history...) of a chinese SC male should be, at minimum, given an LTVP...

i assume her "short term pass" is an SVP? there's no point worrying too much about it right now - just hope that her LTVP gets approved. i'm not sure what goes into an LTVP application or if amendments are allowed, but if possible, be sure to indicate her pregnancy (perhaps backed by a OBGYN's letter stating the due date? you've already paid for consult, so the letter is "FREE").

but remember... at the end of the day, Singapore PR is a privilege, not a right. there are some things that even a letter from your MP cannot help.

i think if your marriage and your wife's pregnancy continues to run smooth, i don't see why she won't eventually get her SPR - how long that would take i am not sure.

getting that MP's letter won't help get her PR right now, so perhaps set your sight on the LTVP first (and LTVP+ eventually) so that she can stay on and give birth in singapore, but work towards a better and beefier PR application 1-2 (or even 3?) years down the road.

good luck and the best of health to both mother and child!
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:10 pm

One question hasn't been asked. Did you get permission to marry her from the MOM before you got married? If you didn't, that is the reason it was rejected. Have you applied for a LTVP? You might have to do that initially as you haven't been married even two years yet. You were advised, when you got married (if you married here in Singapore) that marriage would not automatically give reason to get LTVP or PR.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bnr

Post by bnr » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 10:24 pm

We did gotten permission from mom to marry. Hope we can atleast get a ltvp+ for now. Maybe it will be better to apply pr after 2 years of marriage and when our baby is born..

Thx for all the advices! Praying hard for ltvp+. ^^

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 29 Mar 2014 12:11 am

You should get the ltvp with no problem. After the baby is born, they may automatically upgrade it to ltvp plus. Then start thinking about PR.

good luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:52 am

ICA just want to make sure the marriage will last and is genuine.

LTVP then LTVP+ then PR then SC. It will take time but you'll get there if the marriage is real and genuine.