Singapore Expats

PR Rejected , a little unexpected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:45 pm

shauryas wrote:@PNGMK - My post is clear. I wasnt inviting your opinion on what i should do; I only needed to rationalise the reasons.
Common sense is not common nowadays

Buying a property does not improve your chance any better. Diddly squat I must say !!

Gahmen need to remove about 50K Sub-Continent or about 200 K max in total. GO figure !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 1:03 pm

shauryas wrote:@PNGMK - My post is clear. I wasnt inviting your opinion on what i should do; I only needed to rationalise the reasons.
I don't care. Glad you didn't get PR.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 1:44 pm

Mad Scientist wrote: Buying a property does not improve your chance any better. Diddly squat I must say !!
Why is that MS ? While I was the one mentioning here, I also was careful not to advocate/recommend doing so, but I thought it does follow logic : Several have mentioned OP maybe rejected due to perception/risk he is not truly long-term committed to Singapore. Surely owning your own apartment to live here must signal a stronger intent/commitment towards long-term stay in SG ? Especially with all the cooling measures etc, property is no longer a short-term speculative investment these days.

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 2:22 pm

PR application are based on ethnicity, education, religion, income, family and the X factors i,e political landscape, geopolitical situation, social integration to name a few
Buying property i.e private has no way increase or decrease your chance
Foreign buyers be it on EP or otherwise can buy private property as it is open to all.
To put it bluntly this RED DOT is running out of land but needs to increase the population to sustain that "I must be the NO.1 status" and national security among other things. But political landscape damage done by armchair politicians has unbalance this social cohesion.
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 8:37 pm

Buying a property is not a true commitment. In majority of the cases those who bought one could well manage the associated risk. If you could afford it, you can have a job paying the mortgage and it does not need to be in Singapore.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:21 pm

Understood. I still reckon if I'm making the decision, if my intention is to stay here long term I would consider buying, if I'm here short term or unsure how long then I will choose to rent. This is post cooling measures.... Pre cooling measures then I wouldve been buying in both cases.

But yeah I know a lot of other foreign investors in Singapore property have other motives and rationales which will not make sense in relation to PR assessment

telegraphroad

Post by telegraphroad » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 10:46 pm

I've seen it intimated many times in this forum that owning property may factor in to ICA's decision regarding PR applications.

Whether or not that is actually the case, I'm confused as to how one would even inform ICA that you are a property owner. I cannot find anywhere on Form 4A to indicate property ownership, as all it calls for is present address. Maybe I'm missing something?

Or does ICA discover this during its checks with IRAS?

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 11:04 pm

telegraphroad wrote:I've seen it intimated many times in this forum that owning property may factor in to ICA's decision regarding PR applications.

Whether or not that is actually the case, I'm confused as to how one would even inform ICA that you are a property owner. I cannot find anywhere on Form 4A to indicate property ownership, as all it calls for is present address. Maybe I'm missing something?

I expect they will discover it when they cross check, but also you can include a cover letter with your application and mention it .

meklavier

Post by meklavier » Mon, 31 Mar 2014 3:32 pm

I think you should try again in a few more years. I have a friend who is a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) of a Firm (Temasek Holding is an investor in that firm) and his PR Application was rejected twice. He has been in Singapore for 4 years, single and from Europe. Have no idea why the application was rejected

beedao
Regular
Regular

Post by beedao » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 10:49 am

I asked the ICA officer if I should submit my property documents when I applied my PR 2 years ago, she mentioned "it's not required, because you're not applying through the investor scheme." But i did submit my property tax together with the income tax statement. Personally, I think it did help a little :D
Beeroclock wrote:
telegraphroad wrote:I've seen it intimated many times in this forum that owning property may factor in to ICA's decision regarding PR applications.

I expect they will discover it when they cross check, but also you can include a cover letter with your application and mention it .
Dream what you want to dream; Go where you want to go; Be what you want to be; Because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want to do!

Local Talent

Post by Local Talent » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 4:39 pm

Also, Since the application 2 things have happened
1. I have got promoted to a Director and now head a function.
2. I have received an increment of 7% and so the base salary now is 235K/annum

I need your help with understanding what can be causing the rejection. Speculation from me would be

a) Race - just too many from India at similar levels?
b) Wife not working - Is this a factor?
c) I have 2 girls and boys are preferred?
d) anything else?

The fact that most of your countrymen only hire their own kind , and replace the locals is something that is a minus point for you too.

Local Talent

Post by Local Talent » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 4:44 pm

Quote"Also, Since the application 2 things have happened
1. I have got promoted to a Director and now head a function.
2. I have received an increment of 7% and so the base salary now is 235K/annum

I need your help with understanding what can be causing the rejection. Speculation from me would be

a) Race - just too many from India at similar levels?
b) Wife not working - Is this a factor?
c) I have 2 girls and boys are preferred?
d) anything else? "

The fact that most of your countrymen only hire their own kind , and replace the locals is something that is a minus point for you too.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 4:44 pm

meklavier wrote:I think you should try again in a few more years. I have a friend who is a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) of a Firm (Temasek Holding is an investor in that firm) and his PR Application was rejected twice. He has been in Singapore for 4 years, single and from Europe. Have no idea why the application was rejected
I've underlined the reasons. CTO should be a local yokel (nationalized) in due course. Temask owned company (the Singapore SWF) definitely should be localized. A single male Euro trash is about as likely to stay put as Indonesia putting out the fires that generate haze.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 4:50 pm

PNGMK wrote:
meklavier wrote:I think you should try again in a few more years. I have a friend who is a CTO (Chief Technology Officer) of a Firm (Temasek Holding is an investor in that firm) and his PR Application was rejected twice. He has been in Singapore for 4 years, single and from Europe. Have no idea why the application was rejected
I've underlined the reasons. CTO should be a local yokel (nationalized) in due course. Temask owned company (the Singapore SWF) definitely should be localized. A single male Euro trash is about as likely to stay put as Indonesia putting out the fires that generate haze.
Surely the word 'trash' is unnecessary eh?

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 02 Apr 2014 5:46 pm

the lynx wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
Surely the word 'trash' is unnecessary eh?
"Eurotras" is "A human sub-phylum characterized by its apparent affluence, worldliness, social affectation and addiction to fashion." according to the urban dictionary of slang. Pretty close to what I meant in the sense of someone who would not be permanent in their intentions to stay in Singapore. Googleimages on eurotrash for some illumination (note - it's close to 'yuppie' in meaning which of course is now an insult as well).