Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
bracesboy

Re: Scar and pimples

Post by bracesboy » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 2:14 am

MeganL wrote:
bracesboy wrote:Hi, By any chances anyone of you got rejected because of pimples issue? And also i got rejected because i gotten a scratch mark recently at my forearm and will they reject me if i got a scar left behind?
You're a guy? I don't think guys' skin check is as strict as ladies' because guys' uniform can cover up more :/ but just try to conceal as much flaws as you can so they wont have things to pick on you :)
Yes, My first KIV because of my braces then now that i remove my braces, they KIV me again for my recently scratch mark which i hope it wont leave any scar behind. Is concealing "legal" to do it? as its at my arm thou. Pimples issues gotten better as it was a sudden breakout during the review day.

fujixe2JJ

Post by fujixe2JJ » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 3:50 pm

any males apply for cabin crews?

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 4:28 pm

fujixe2JJ wrote:any males apply for cabin crews?
Yeah im a guy, anything you wanna know abt the interview?

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 8:10 pm

bracesboy wrote:
Yes, My first KIV because of my braces then now that i remove my braces, they KIV me again for my recently scratch mark which i hope it wont leave any scar behind. Is concealing "legal" to do it? as its at my arm thou. Pimples issues gotten better as it was a sudden breakout during the review day.
Hi bracesboy, when they told you that you're under KIV, you didnt have to fill up any forms yet right? Because I'm in KIV too for skin check, was told i can leave after they tell me I'm under KIV and will get a call back for the next review session. Didn't have to fill up anything nor did they collect anything from me, so I'm quite worried they won't call back or might miss me out the next session :S

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 3:11 am

MeganL wrote: Hi bracesboy, when they told you that you're under KIV, you didnt have to fill up any forms yet right? Because I'm in KIV too for skin check, was told i can leave after they tell me I'm under KIV and will get a call back for the next review session. Didn't have to fill up anything nor did they collect anything from me, so I'm quite worried they won't call back or might miss me out the next session :S
Dont worry Megan! A couple of my friends are under KIV too. Generally they want as many as they can get. So they wont miss you out. They wont wana to waste those resources spent to conduct a session of interview so they'll take all those who qualify.

I'm actually just as worried (or should I say paranoid) about the Golden call. But hey, if my friends whom are under KIV gets any information I'll let you know about it :)

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Thu, 27 Mar 2014 3:33 am

Irishpaddle wrote:You should receive a call two weeks from your medical :)
Thanks for the info! Lets hope I get a call soon. My friend got a text today asking her to call Mary. She's starting 21 Apr!

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 1:50 pm

Hey people! The next round of recruitment is already out on SIA's website!

Interviews will be conducted on 26 April 2014 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel
39 Scotts Road,
Singapore 228230

Good luck to everyone(including those under KIV) ;)

raspberryviolet

Post by raspberryviolet » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 2:07 pm

Ceasor wrote:
Thanks for the info! Lets hope I get a call soon. My friend got a text today asking her to call Mary. She's starting 21 Apr!

Hi Ceasor, have you gotten your golden call already??? im still waiting for mine. its been more than a week. :(

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 3:58 pm

raspberryviolet wrote:
Ceasor wrote:

Hi Ceasor, have you gotten your golden call already??? im still waiting for mine. its been more than a week. :(
Hey raspberry, no im still waiting for the golden call along with my group other interviewees. :(

beltella

Post by beltella » Fri, 28 Mar 2014 11:18 pm

Got through all the rounds and went for medical too! But got a call from shenton medical to go back for second round of scoliosis scan. :'(

Anyone experienced this before?

*worried*

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Sat, 29 Mar 2014 10:02 am

Yup yup dont worry too much about that. My frn also waiting. Apparently quite a few went for 2nd scoliosis scan. Just be patient :)

staxtics

Post by staxtics » Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:11 am

hellolololo wrote:For those who wants to know the interview at STC, here's some information (hope it helps!).

First round: 2 interviewer to 1 interviewee.
It's a little intense but you will get to see 2 interviewer of difference character. 1 is rather friendly, keep smiling at you, another 1 is strict, pulling a long face. I think this stage is see the way you present yourself infront of different types of people. Don't worry and just be yourself. The question I've got is rather easy, because they only ask 'Tell me more about yourself and why do you want to join SIA despite the recent MH370 case'. The atmosphere is pretty intense because almost half of the potential candidate got booted out.

Second round: Kebaya test (only applicable for ladies)
I find kebaya round is very strict. The SIA lady that did the kebaya check for me is rather strict. Or should I say everyone inside is very strict. We were given 5 mins to change to kebaya and tied up our hair in bun. When you go in, they will do another round of skin check, this time round is with normal lighting. Quite a number of girls got booted out due to scars or bad skin condition. If you have any awkward legs or unbalance shoulder, they might boot you out or KIV.

Final round: Document check
If you pass the 2 stages mention above. In this stage, they will ask you to submit all necessary documents and fill up some forms. After which, they will give you another letter for medical check up and tell you about the bond and pay. I wrote in my availability that I required 1 month notice, they mention that for those require any notice period, they will give you a call beforehand so that you have enough time to serve your notice to your current employer. But DO NOT resign as nothing is confirmed.

I'm currently waiting for my medical check up result. Went to read quite a number of forum that if receive any letter within 2 weeks after medical check up means you are rejected. If after 2 weeks still no letter, means rather safe, just need to wait for call. Good luck for those waiting for result! :)
Hey I'm really nervous for my final interview on 27 April, any advice u can give to ace this round?

sunflowerr

Post by sunflowerr » Sat, 29 Mar 2014 5:20 pm

Hi, has anybody received the rejection letter from the 15th march interview batch after going for medical?

beltella

Post by beltella » Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:19 am

Ceasor wrote:Yup yup dont worry too much about that. My frn also waiting. Apparently quite a few went for 2nd scoliosis scan. Just be patient :)
Hey thanks!!! Hopefully there won't be another letters coming in these 2 weeks.

Odd that they can't provide us any results even after paying $173....

ihatefats

Post by ihatefats » Sun, 30 Mar 2014 12:57 am

hi everyone, just super curious, how many times do you all actually tried for the interview? i feel like everytime i get booted out i dont have the mood to carry on for the next interview.
fact that is actually my 2nd time. how do you all get motivation to continue :/ sigh. fact> for the 2nd time i booted out in round 1 -_- dont know the interviewers hate me or what .