Singapore Expats

Study in Singapore

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
dilannew1

Study in Singapore

Post by dilannew1 » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:22 pm

I like to stay and do a simple course there in singapore but not so expensive a one can be pay monthly with student pass is that any schools or institute any one can recommend me pls ??

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Study in Singapore

Post by the lynx » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:34 pm

dilannew1 wrote:I like to stay and do a simple course there in singapore but not so expensive a one can be pay monthly with student pass is that any schools or institute any one can recommend me pls ??
There is no such course that is allowed on student pass because the government has gone through a lot of ruse by foreigners trying to get into Singapore in this manner before, so this arrangement is not legal.

dilannew1

Post by dilannew1 » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:54 pm

Thx for reply But what i say is legal way not illegal you sound like singapore is already stopped getting students from over seas

how can be that happen still lot of schools have there give student pass and courses MoM or no body say that they stopped taking students

i dont get your answer sorry

dilannew1

Post by dilannew1 » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:55 pm

the lynx wrote:
dilannew1 wrote:I like to stay and do a simple course there in singapore but not so expensive a one can be pay monthly with student pass is that any schools or institute any one can recommend me pls ??
There is no such course that is allowed on student pass because the government has gone through a lot of ruse by foreigners trying to get into Singapore in this manner before, so this arrangement is not legal.

Thx for reply But what i say is legal way not illegal you sound like singapore is already stopped getting students from over seas

how can be that happen still lot of schools have there give student pass and courses MoM or no body say that they stopped taking students

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:14 pm

You said:

Simple course. Not so expensive. Can be paid monthly. With student pass.

Studying in Singapore with student pass is perfectly legal. But only certain schools and certain courses. Having said that, you need to be a full-time student in institutions approved by government, including the private ones.

Have a look here if the course you are looking for is listed.

http://www.ica.gov.sg/services_centre_o ... pageid=256

Granted, I do not have more details before I said the above. What "simple course" do you want? Why do you need to go for "not so expensive" ones if it is education that you really need in Singapore? Could you take it elsewhere that won't cost so much? How long you intend to stay?

Note: I don't think a lot of institutions allow monthly payment. They always go by semester basis.

Come back with more info and maybe we can advise better.

rdueej
Regular
Regular

Post by rdueej » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 4:38 pm

dilannew1 wrote:

Ok, so you want to apply for a student pass.

Is it for actually studying something, or just for you to get a visit pass allowing you to stay in Singapore ?

A student pass is for studying (can't believe I really need to state this out), so just applying for random 'simple' courses with the only aim being getting a long-term pass is frowned upon.

The government is onto these type of ruses and private educational organizations are required to report on monthly attendance rates. Fall below the required attendance and your student pass will be automatically cancelled.