Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 4:43 pm

staxtics wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
staxtics wrote: Have they replied to you in regards to postponing the final round?

Not yet...
hmm... have you notified them thru the email which they sent in regards to the final interview date given?
Done so...but they've yet to reply.. o.o
My other friend has yet to receive an email from them... any of you haven't received an email from them?

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 4:44 pm

staxtics wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
staxtics wrote: Have they replied to you in regards to postponing the final round?

Not yet...
hmm... have you notified them thru the email which they sent in regards to the final interview date given?
Done so...but they've yet to reply.. o.o
My other friend has yet to receive an email from them... any of you haven't received an email from them?

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 4:47 pm

Hi all! I got through the rounds and during the brief the lady said not to submit my resignation. My friends told me that I'll receive the call only close to my available date. So how will I be in time to leave my current job if I don't get my call at least a few months in advance? :???:

Irishpaddle

Post by Irishpaddle » Sun, 23 Mar 2014 3:12 am

You should receive a call two weeks from your medical :)

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sun, 23 Mar 2014 9:31 pm

Ceasor wrote:Hi all! I got through the rounds and during the brief the lady said not to submit my resignation. My friends told me that I'll receive the call only close to my available date. So how will I be in time to leave my current job if I don't get my call at least a few months in advance? :???:
Hi! Congratulations! Hmm, I've heard people mentioned it is possible to try and ask to start at a later date (and tell them your reason) when you receive the call.
Do you mind sharing about your final interview? :)

Ceasor

Post by Ceasor » Sun, 23 Mar 2014 9:54 pm

Hey Megan, I already submit my resignation haha, praying to get my phone call asap!

Humm during my last interview with the management they asked me the followung question:

1. Why did u decide to take up a flying job?
2. Do you plan to make this a career?
3. Asked me about my past experience in the service line
4. If im comfortable with getting my hands dirty for handling baby vomit and etc.

I can share with you in depth if you wanna know more. Just drop me a pm :)

Annnd thanks for the congratulations haha.

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Sun, 23 Mar 2014 11:24 pm

Ceasor wrote:Hey Megan, I already submit my resignation haha, praying to get my phone call asap!

Humm during my last interview with the management they asked me the followung question:

4. If im comfortable with getting my hands dirty for handling baby vomit and etc.

Ooh thanks for sharing! All the best to you :) Anyway just to confirm, it's a 2-1 interview? I'll be having mine coming Wed [-o<

bracesboy

Scar and pimples

Post by bracesboy » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 1:34 am

Hi, By any chances anyone of you got rejected because of pimples issue? And also i got rejected because i gotten a scratch mark recently at my forearm and will they reject me if i got a scar left behind?

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:16 am

MeganL wrote:
Ceasor wrote:Hey Megan, I already submit my resignation haha, praying to get my phone call asap!

Ooh thanks for sharing! All the best to you :) Anyway just to confirm, it's a 2-1 interview? I'll be having mine coming Wed [-o<

Goodluck!(:

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 2:43 pm

staxtics wrote:
manythoughts wrote:

Not yet...

mines confirmed to be on the 27th of april. (: details will be given at a later time next month.

To those who are attending the final interview on the 25th and 26th, BEST OF LUCK!! (:

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Re: Scar and pimples

Post by MeganL » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 5:38 pm

bracesboy wrote:Hi, By any chances anyone of you got rejected because of pimples issue? And also i got rejected because i gotten a scratch mark recently at my forearm and will they reject me if i got a scar left behind?
You're a guy? I don't think guys' skin check is as strict as ladies' because guys' uniform can cover up more :/ but just try to conceal as much flaws as you can so they wont have things to pick on you :)

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 5:41 pm

manythoughts wrote:
MeganL wrote:

Goodluck!(:
Thank you! All the best to you in advance too :)

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Mon, 24 Mar 2014 5:50 pm

MeganL wrote:
manythoughts wrote:
MeganL wrote:

Goodluck!(:
Thank you! All the best to you in advance too :)

Keep me updated on how it went for you? Can pm instead! Thanks! Fingers crossed for you and hope you'd get it!

hellolololo

Post by hellolololo » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 10:16 am

For those who wants to know the interview at STC, here's some information (hope it helps!).

First round: 2 interviewer to 1 interviewee.
It's a little intense but you will get to see 2 interviewer of difference character. 1 is rather friendly, keep smiling at you, another 1 is strict, pulling a long face. I think this stage is see the way you present yourself infront of different types of people. Don't worry and just be yourself. The question I've got is rather easy, because they only ask 'Tell me more about yourself and why do you want to join SIA despite the recent MH370 case'. The atmosphere is pretty intense because almost half of the potential candidate got booted out.

Second round: Kebaya test (only applicable for ladies)
I find kebaya round is very strict. The SIA lady that did the kebaya check for me is rather strict. Or should I say everyone inside is very strict. We were given 5 mins to change to kebaya and tied up our hair in bun. When you go in, they will do another round of skin check, this time round is with normal lighting. Quite a number of girls got booted out due to scars or bad skin condition. If you have any awkward legs or unbalance shoulder, they might boot you out or KIV.

Final round: Document check
If you pass the 2 stages mention above. In this stage, they will ask you to submit all necessary documents and fill up some forms. After which, they will give you another letter for medical check up and tell you about the bond and pay. I wrote in my availability that I required 1 month notice, they mention that for those require any notice period, they will give you a call beforehand so that you have enough time to serve your notice to your current employer. But DO NOT resign as nothing is confirmed.

I'm currently waiting for my medical check up result. Went to read quite a number of forum that if receive any letter within 2 weeks after medical check up means you are rejected. If after 2 weeks still no letter, means rather safe, just need to wait for call. Good luck for those waiting for result! :)

manythoughts

Post by manythoughts » Tue, 25 Mar 2014 3:46 pm

hellolololo wrote:For those who wants to know the interview at STC, here's some information (hope it helps!).

First round: 2 interviewer to 1 interviewee.
It's a little intense but you will get to see 2 interviewer of difference character. 1 is rather friendly, keep smiling at you, another 1 is strict, pulling a long face. I think this stage is see the way you present yourself infront of different types of people. Don't worry and just be yourself. The question I've got is rather easy, because they only ask 'Tell me more about yourself and why do you want to join SIA despite the recent MH370 case'. The atmosphere is pretty intense because almost half of the potential candidate got booted out.

Second round: Kebaya test (only applicable for ladies)
I find kebaya round is very strict. The SIA lady that did the kebaya check for me is rather strict. Or should I say everyone inside is very strict. We were given 5 mins to change to kebaya and tied up our hair in bun. When you go in, they will do another round of skin check, this time round is with normal lighting. Quite a number of girls got booted out due to scars or bad skin condition. If you have any awkward legs or unbalance shoulder, they might boot you out or KIV.

Final round: Document check
If you pass the 2 stages mention above. In this stage, they will ask you to submit all necessary documents and fill up some forms. After which, they will give you another letter for medical check up and tell you about the bond and pay. I wrote in my availability that I required 1 month notice, they mention that for those require any notice period, they will give you a call beforehand so that you have enough time to serve your notice to your current employer. But DO NOT resign as nothing is confirmed.

I'm currently waiting for my medical check up result. Went to read quite a number of forum that if receive any letter within 2 weeks after medical check up means you are rejected. If after 2 weeks still no letter, means rather safe, just need to wait for call. Good luck for those waiting for result! :)

thank you for sharing ! Hope your medical check up goes well!