Singapore Expats

Moving to Singapore end of the month help!!

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
hwendt888

Moving to Singapore end of the month help!!

Post by hwendt888 » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 8:01 pm

Hi, new to the forum and hope you all can assist.

I'll be moving to Singapore from Australia due to a new job. My new company is still trying to get my Employment Pass going however I have to be in the country before the end of the month as I need to settle in my new apartment before I loose my deposit. They are applying for the EP via the EP Online portal so should take no longer than 2-3 weeks hopefully.

So my question is can I buy a one way ticket to Singapore on a tourist visa while my EP is being progressed? Then exit the country when my application is approved eg. Singapore to Johor Baru and back again.

Will the above work? Open to suggestions...

Thanks in advance.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 8:07 pm

Once the AIP has been issued (Approval In Principle) and you are sent a copy, then you can fly up on a one way ticket. Otherwise they may well require a return ticket or at least an onward ticket (from Singapore to KL maybe - so the cost is minimal if you need to let it go). It's easiest to wait for the AIP though. Less hassle. Anyway, you cannot rent a place until you have the AIP anyway.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:13 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Once the AIP has been issued (Approval In Principle) and you are sent a copy, then you can fly up on a one way ticket. Otherwise they may well require a return ticket or at least an onward ticket (from Singapore to KL maybe - so the cost is minimal if you need to let it go). It's easiest to wait for the AIP though. Less hassle. Anyway, you cannot rent a place until you have the AIP anyway.
AIP or IPA ? Maybe the former is better as the latter should be reserved for India pale ale

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:33 pm

Six of one, half dozen of the other. :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers