Singapore Expats

Work Holiday Pass - Chances?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Openmind

Work Holiday Pass - Chances?

Post by Openmind » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 3:11 am

Hey,

I've received an internship offer for a bank's Singapore branch which I'd really like to do. However, the offer is conditional on receiving a Work Holiday Pass:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

I meet all the requirements for an application, but how are actually the chances to to receive a pass? I couldn't find much information on that, especially given that the requirements have been raised recently.

Thank you in advance,
openmind

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 11:30 am

If you qualify, based on the MOM site, give it a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. The requirements on the site, however, does not mean automatic acceptance, but you are half way there if you can qualify to apply. (Which is what the criteria actually is). Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Openmind

Post by Openmind » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 4:03 pm

Thank you for your answer! I guess there are no figures on the number of applications, acceptance rates or information on the criteria the final decision is based on?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 5:36 pm

No way. ICA and/or MOM keep that kind of information close to their collective chests, so to speak, unless it is politically prudent to do so.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Openmind

Post by Openmind » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 6:27 pm

That would explain why I didn't find any information on this, thanks for your help!