Singapore Expats

blacklist a maid for having false age in passport

Discuss everything about domestic helper and babysitter issues here
luka66

blacklist a maid for having false age in passport

Post by luka66 » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:39 pm

I want to blacklist my indo maid because she's been stealing from me, but since I don't have any proof I want to blacklist her for any other reason.

In her passport she is 30 years old but I know she's actually25 years old, can I contact MOM and file a report, how do I prove she's actually 25 and has false documentation?

rdueej
Regular
Regular

Re: blacklist a maid for having false age in passport

Post by rdueej » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 10:57 pm

luka66 wrote:I want to blacklist my indo maid because she's been stealing from me, but since I don't have any proof I want to blacklist her for any other reason.

In her passport she is 30 years old but I know she's actually25 years old, can I contact MOM and file a report, how do I prove she's actually 25 and has false documentation?
You, the maid and the agency could get into trouble for falsifying information. If you knew that she was lying and kept it a secret, then I guess you have some liability as well. Tread carefully.

luka66

Post by luka66 » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:03 pm

I found out the other day by accident her real age, I don't actually care if I pay any fine, I just want her blacklisted.

How will MOM react to my reporting to them, how do I prove her real age, can MOM check her thorugh Indonesian government or something?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:12 pm

I'd like to blacklist you. Do you like to get off making unsubstantiated allegations (if you really had proof you'd have called the police) and lording it over your maid like some Raj?

Karma is going to take a big bite out of you one day.

luka66

Post by luka66 » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:17 pm

its not unsubstantiated, I know for a fact she's 5 years younger.
Wish she could at least go to jail for faking her passport if I can't get her to go there for stealing.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Fri, 21 Mar 2014 11:51 pm

I would just terminate first. But need to confront the stealing issue to make sure it's not a misunderstanding... How do you know for sure?

Assuming you are right about the stealing/false doc, then blacklisting is actually a good intention I think, better than doing nothing and having the next employer suffer same. Or even worse some might actually recommend her to transfer her out quicker and avoid paying the home flight.... Do you need to give any notice period in this situation?

luka66

Post by luka66 » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:19 am

I did confront her about stealing, but she denied it, she did admit that she is younger than her passport says, but laughed at me when I said I was gonna report her to MOM, she said I can't prove it.

Can MOM check her through indonesian goverment?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 12:20 am

If you "blacklist" her, she'll just go work in Hong Kong or another popular maid destination where they treaty their FDWs 10x better than in Singapore.

The worst punishment you could give this made is to not report her, so she ignorantly stays in Singapore working under a kiasu asshole like yourself.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 8:18 am

I would also add that it's not at all uncommon for people in third world countries (you know the place where your maids come from) to have incorrect birth dates on their papers due to the hopeless bureaucracy in those countries.

Some maids don't even know their real birth dates.

You're making a mountain out of a mole hill here to make yourself look better than you are.

If the maid was actually under age you might have a point but you don't. You're just a bitter, twisted, sick individual.

If the thieving was real you'd have called the cops but you haven't so you're not only an asshole, you're a liar.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 8:47 am

Vindictive much?
luka66 wrote:I want to blacklist my indo maid because she's been stealing from me, but since I don't have any proof I want to blacklist her for any other reason.

luka66 wrote:I found out the other day by accident her real age, I don't actually care if I pay any fine, I just want her blacklisted.

How will MOM react to my reporting to them, how do I prove her real age, can MOM check her thorugh Indonesian government or something?
luka66 wrote:its not unsubstantiated, I know for a fact she's 5 years younger.
Wish she could at least go to jail for faking her passport if I can't get her to go there for stealing.
luka66 wrote:I did confront her about stealing, but she denied it, she did admit that she is younger than her passport says, but laughed at me when I said I was gonna report her to MOM, she said I can't prove it.

"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 9:54 am

Png and Zzm , a bit harsh on OP in my opinion. Thieving could be real how do you know? He says he can't prove and maid denies so that's probably why he don't want to go police. This seems possible to me, eg petty theft like cash from wallet, hard to prove unless you have a camera. Seems more plausible than coming on here to rant about a made up theft.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:01 am

nakatago wrote:Vindictive much?

luka66 wrote:I found out the other day by accident her real age, I don't actually care if I pay any fine, I just want her blacklisted.

luka66 wrote:its not unsubstantiated, I know for a fact she's 5 years younger.
luka66 wrote:I did confront her about stealing, but she denied it, she did admit that she is younger than her passport says, but laughed at me when I said I was gonna report her to MOM, she said I can't prove it.

agree tone is somewhat vindictive but then I would be upset too if someone was stealing from me in my own home, and more so if they laughed it off.... So I don't really get why everyone turning on OP

x9200

Re: blacklist a maid for having false age in passport

Post by x9200 » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:26 am

luka66 wrote:I want to blacklist my indo maid because she's been stealing from me, but since I don't have any proof
Either prove your allegations and handle her over to the police or fire her and take another maid. If she is really a thief she will not stop with you so likely someone else will get her eventually.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:28 am

Beeroclock wrote:Png and Zzm , a bit harsh on OP in my opinion. Thieving could be real how do you know? He says he can't prove and maid denies so that's probably why he don't want to go police. This seems possible to me, eg petty theft like cash from wallet, hard to prove unless you have a camera. Seems more plausible than coming on here to rant about a made up theft.
+1

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:37 am

in another ASEAN country they use dentists to confirm age .. especially those underage bar girls ... just saying .. lol

btw, same country charged a bar owner for having employed an underage girl, using dental analysis, who later turned out to be a mother of two ...

luka ... are you living as a family or alone with the maid ?