Singapore Expats

Where can I buy a Rolex?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
TJ43

Where can I buy a Rolex?

Post by TJ43 » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:51 pm

I'm looking to buy a nice Rolex for a present...a special present! I need some advice on where to go for good prices, some of the shops have super high prices which I can't afford!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 10:58 pm

Buy a Lolex instead. Reasonable. $50.00 or there'bouts. You generally wont find a Rolex on sale. I've been over 30 years and cannot remember a "sale" on Rolex watches.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 12:26 am

Unless you get someone's employee discount, the best prices will be at the airport on the way out. And that is only because you save GST.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 3:23 am

zzm9980 wrote:Unless you get someone's employee discount, the best prices will be at the airport on the way out. And that is only because you save GST.
not kidding but mustafa has best discount for Rolex ... vs the shop in Aka,.,

no bargaining ... and its at Max discount anyway ...

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 4:58 am

Mustafa!
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 5:15 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Buy a Lolex instead. Reasonable. $50.00 or there'bouts. You generally wont find a Rolex on sale. I've been over 30 years and cannot remember a "sale" on Rolex watches.
Mine is a "Lorex".

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 9:47 am

Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

http://f2bb.com/bbs/show_topic/418283

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:28 am

^^This! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 10:32 am

PNGMK wrote:Why you want to look like a 'tard?

The link below shows some posers from a Rolex forum... they ALL like like morons to me.

Oh gawd. My eyes.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:09 am

the lynx wrote:

Oh gawd. My eyes.
I think that site works well for any overpriced watch. OTOH, expensive watches are a voluntary form of wealth redistribution, so why not?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:38 am

Strong Eagle wrote:
the lynx wrote:

Oh gawd. My eyes.
I think that site works well for any overpriced watch. OTOH, expensive watches are a voluntary form of wealth redistribution, so why not?
Hah, not if the wealth redistribution is from one rich person to another rich person.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 11:41 am

I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Re: Where can I buy a Rolex?

Post by BillyB » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 3:58 pm

TJ43 wrote:I'm looking to buy a nice Rolex for a present...a special present! I need some advice on where to go for good prices, some of the shops have super high prices which I can't afford!
Hong Kong is the best place, currently, to buy a Rolex. Even authorised dealers' list prices are more competitive than those after discount in SG, Middle East, UK, US and most airports etc.

If you want to save even more, buy a grey import from a reputable supplier. This avoids the usual retailer mark-up.

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 4:26 pm

i like watches and collect some.

there are at least a 3 independent grey dealers (without a store front) in singapore.

i've bought a brand new rolex submariner date as a gift for someone last year through a grey dealer - 20% off AD prices with the recipient's name on the warranty card.

i know what i'm buying so there was no fear in being ripped off. let me know if you want to be hooked up.

locally, you get the best prices for new unworn pieces from them. i've dealt with them more than once.

otherwise you'd have to head to HKG or a local rolex AD (limited discounts) if you want it with an official AD's receipt, proper buying experience, etc.

edited to remove price.
Last edited by taxico on Fri, 01 Aug 2014 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 13 Mar 2014 5:17 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I'm pretty sure we can find silly photos of any topic on the Internet. Go ahead PNG, Eagle, and Lynx, tell me something each of you enjoy as a hobby or like indulging yourself in and spending money on. I'll find a dozen photos making fun of that topic for you.
I truly enjoy UV curing of hybrid, low molecular weight oligomers. Please go ahead.

(Classy/not classy is the dividing line and some subjects attract more of the 2nd type. I believe the Rolex is among them)