Singapore Expats

Dermatologist for acne

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
breakdown

Post by breakdown » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 4:00 pm

I had the worst acne breakout way back 2008-2009. My face literally didn't have anymore space for a single whitehead.

I finally decided to check Dermatology Associates in Paragon, as recommended by my friend. I had 5 sessions for a few grand, and several hundreds for every session which covers injections, medications, creams, etc. I forgot the procedure, but they used some form of "electricity/shock" after applying numbing cream. I thought it didn't work at first so I stopped going there and just finished my medication.

Currently using Cetaphil facial wash (L'Oreal scrub for weekends), L'Oreal toner and moisturizer and i rarely have any problems. Not sure if it's because of the procedure or because i am using a gentle facial cleanser.

YaninSing

Post by YaninSing » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 11:03 pm

I have tried various brands in the market and also seen doctors for some oral medication to achieve good skin but to no success but throwing loads of $$$$ a away until I was introduced to the galvanic face spa. did my own research as I am careful not to waste any more money..decided to purchase it. The results after the first try (I did half a face to have a better comparison with the other untreated side and the result wow me speechless) I took a photo to show my friends and they were impressed too. I continued doing my face spa in the comfort of my home twice weekly; have done 7 'sessions' so far and my skin texture has improved greatly, my face look 'Lifted' according to friends (again I took photo to compare from the first trial) and the difference is so amazing!! I am sooooo excited with this new technology that I have been sharing it with friends and most importantly, it's very affordable in today's affluent Singapore.

mandy_goh

Post by mandy_goh » Fri, 30 Aug 2013 5:35 pm

Well I hope you can elaborate and share more regarding the effects of this product. Where can buy etc?

americanhippo

Post by americanhippo » Tue, 11 Mar 2014 3:55 pm

Dr Loke Khua Eu is one of the best dermatologist for acne you can consult in Singapore. His nurses tend to have an attitude issue though and you'll need to take the entire day off work to queue as they do not accept prior appointments.

TJ43

Post by TJ43 » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 6:51 pm

I've tried a few treatments but unfortunately nothing has helped so far..I'm now looking at changing my diet, cutting out sugar etc. to see if the skin clears up, plus medication... :roll:

sgurtle

Been there, experienced it before

Post by sgurtle » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 1:02 am

Hi!

So glad to be able to share my experience here. Went for chemical peel treatment before to fix the scars on my face. Had loads of acne in the past. The chemical peel treatment hurt me like hell, so personally I wouldn't advise anyone to go for it. I would recommend you to try skincerity as it worked for me since I started using it few months ago. My scars have lightened quite a lot, and my acne breakouts have stopped as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gozTvgY3I5Q

You can pm me or email me at [email protected] if you want to see my before and after pics!
Urtle - Slow and Steady

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Been there, experienced it before

Post by taxico » Mon, 17 Mar 2014 3:49 pm

sgurtle wrote:...Went for chemical peel treatment before to fix the scars on my face. Had loads of acne in the past. The chemical peel treatment hurt me like hell, so personally I wouldn't advise anyone to go for it...
there are different types of peels. some don't hurt much, if at all. some hurt a lot. some last, some don't. YMMV.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

JGerard

Post by JGerard » Sun, 06 Apr 2014 2:36 pm

Scar and acne can be unsightly and definitely a pain. I have some recommendations to help. PM me is you need it.
Giving Your Best In Everything You Do. The 5 pillars Of Success In Business.

Logan_United

Re: Dermatologist for acne

Post by Logan_United » Mon, 15 Dec 2014 12:58 pm

Yo, i've been having acne problems for sometime now. hoping if anyone could give me some advice about aesthetic treatment or suggest any dermatologist for acnes and acne's scars. been feeling really depress every time i look at myself in the mirror lately. sigh.

abbby
Manager
Manager
Answers: 2

Post by abbby » Wed, 22 Jul 2020 6:11 pm

Do try the clean and clear products for acne. The toner worked really well for my zits. It's affordable as well.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx (1890-1977)

Lisafuller
Governor
Governor
Answers: 3

Post by Lisafuller » Thu, 11 Feb 2021 5:38 pm

abbby wrote:
Wed, 22 Jul 2020 6:11 pm
Do try the clean and clear products for acne. The toner worked really well for my zits. It's affordable as well.
I do NOT recommend clean and clear especially if you have sensitive skin. The ingredients are harsh and abrasive, terrible for sensitive skin as they irritate rather than heal. If you have acne, I strongly recommend you see a dermatologist. National Skin Centre offers relatively inexpensive consultations, treatments, and products. These are subsidized further if you are a citizen, not sure about PRs though.