Singapore Expats

Where to find reasonably priced contact lenses in Singapore?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Mariell

Where to find reasonably priced contact lenses in Singapore?

Post by Mariell » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 12:33 am

Hello!

I recently went to an optician to get a quote for how much it would cost to get a month's supply of contact lenses here, and I was shocked when I heard the price: 60 SGD for a month's supply! Because of this, I just wanted to ask those of you who use contact lenses how much you pay for a month's supply here? I don't know if 60 SGD is normal, or if I was just unlucky with where I went. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can find reasonably priced contact lenses from trusted brands here?

Thanks in advance!

- Marie

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Where to find reasonably priced contact lenses in Singap

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 7:46 am

Mariell wrote:Hello!

I recently went to an optician to get a quote for how much it would cost to get a month's supply of contact lenses here, and I was shocked when I heard the price: 60 SGD for a month's supply! Because of this, I just wanted to ask those of you who use contact lenses how much you pay for a month's supply here? I don't know if 60 SGD is normal, or if I was just unlucky with where I went. Does anyone have a suggestion for where I can find reasonably priced contact lenses from trusted brands here?

Thanks in advance!

- Marie
If I recall from an old thread, you have to go to JB. A mall called 'Tebrau City' was the recommendation.

Anderson Mark

price of contact lenses

Post by Anderson Mark » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 10:46 pm

You may go Jb, there are almost the half price compare to Singapore.
Together we can make a better environment.

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Post by CaptainBullus » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:12 pm

Have you tried looking online? Depending on what type of contacts you're after (daily, monthly) you should find cheaper (monthly 6 pack $50, daily 90pk $80) I just googled contact lenses singapore and found quite a few places with free delivery

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Post by CaptainBullus » Tue, 04 Mar 2014 11:26 pm

Have you tried looking online? Depending on what type of contacts you're after (daily, monthly) you should find cheaper (monthly 6 pack $50, daily 90pk $80) I just googled contact lenses singapore and found quite a few places with free delivery

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Wed, 05 Mar 2014 9:47 am

I won't recommend going online and buying an unknown brand of contact lenses. After all, its your eyes we are talking about, and if its gone, its gone.

I don't go to MY on a regular basis, and for myself, I buy from The Spectacle Hut. They have a house brand, and I think its $240 for 2 months supply of color daily lenses. Given that it is a daily lense and color, i think that is the cheapest in the market (i might be wrong). All the prices for contact lenses are standard so its not possible to get anything cheaper from one shop to another. I also saw another interesting contact lense shop in Plaza Singapura (the new wing on the 4th floor), whereby they do delivery. You might want to check that out as well.

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Post by CaptainBullus » Thu, 06 Mar 2014 2:52 am

Girl_Next_Door wrote:I won't recommend going online and buying an unknown brand of contact lenses. After all, its your eyes we are talking about, and if its gone, its gone.
I was talking about branded lenses; I use Focus Daillies and found these at the prices I mentioned. In the UK I buy mine online, just using my prescription from the optometrist.

XinDi

Post by XinDi » Sat, 08 Mar 2014 9:58 pm

i suggest that you buy online if compared to buying in JB or in singapore. You can get branded ones with cheap price. reliable as well.

americanhippo

Post by americanhippo » Tue, 11 Mar 2014 3:24 pm

I do not recommend buying from unknown sources online. I got a severe eye infection after buying online, from a online shop based in Malaysia. It was a deal from a popular bulk purchase website.

Now I buy from reputable local shops like Spectacle Hut. One thing I find great about them is that at times, our power may change and it may get a little uncomfy, and they will gladly change the unopened boxes of contact lens to the correct power.

TJ43

Post by TJ43 » Wed, 12 Mar 2014 7:06 pm

I would check online, you'll probably find the ones you're looking for, just make sure it's a reputable company and it should be ok.

Aurelia c

Post by Aurelia c » Tue, 18 Mar 2014 9:26 pm

Hi Marie,
I use acueve trueye for 64 per 30 lenses twice a month. Couldn't find cheaper. They are quite expensive here.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 19 Mar 2014 8:39 am

I often buy in JB during my occasional trips there.

Freshlook (from Ciba Vision) monthly colour lenses for MYR110 (3 pairs) (this one was based on buy two, free one promotion).

Biomedics (from Cooper Vision) monthly toric lenses (for my astigmatism) for MYR240 (7 pairs) (based on buy 6 pairs/2 boxes, free one pair). This one needs to be ordered in advance because they don't have the prescription readily over-the-counter.

I think it is worth it. But if you're travelling all the way to JB just for these, I wouldn't recommend going through the hassle.

Hope this helps for comparisons.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Where to find reasonably priced contact lenses in Singapore?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 30 Dec 2015 6:03 pm

tic...toc...tic...toc... (your time is rapidly running out)

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lucassmith
Regular
Regular

Re:

Post by lucassmith » Wed, 06 Jan 2016 5:12 pm

XinDi wrote:i suggest that you buy online if compared to buying in JB or in singapore. You can get branded ones with cheap price. reliable as well.
just realised my reply is gone. :o
Anyway I've been getting my contact lenses online from http://ezcontactlens.com for the past few months without a problem.

kyana08

Re: Where to find reasonably priced contact lenses in Singapore?

Post by kyana08 » Sat, 18 Mar 2017 5:09 pm

Hmm. Don't know about you guys but I just got my lenses from contactlens.sg. Think they are about 50% cheaper than retail shops as I have astigmatism. :D