Singapore Expats

Chances of getting PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Wed, 05 Mar 2014 9:45 am

Quick update: Despite the feedback, I decided to appeal (I wish I'd done it earlier as I didn't realise how easy the process was). I'm very proud of my Singaporean roots and genuinely do want to stay here. I have 0 plans of going back to the UK (parents are retiring in Malaysia, rest of my family is here or in Asia) and wouldn't really see an issue with converting to citizenship. Since my original application I moved from an S Pass to an EP (P2) so I hope this has some weight in my appeal. Career is also going well and am still in the same job.

Love the counter staff at ICA, they're so friendly, helpful and patient. Was quoted 3-4 months so... lets see.

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:17 am

joannajane wrote:Quick update: Despite the feedback, I decided to appeal (I wish I'd done it earlier as I didn't realise how easy the process was). I'm very proud of my Singaporean roots and genuinely do want to stay here. I have 0 plans of going back to the UK (parents are retiring in Malaysia, rest of my family is here or in Asia) and wouldn't really see an issue with converting to citizenship. Since my original application I moved from an S Pass to an EP (P2) so I hope this has some weight in my appeal. Career is also going well and am still in the same job.

Love the counter staff at ICA, they're so friendly, helpful and patient. Was quoted 3-4 months so... lets see.
Good luck !

rcan

Post by rcan » Wed, 05 Mar 2014 11:30 am

joannajane,

Would you mind explaining the appeal process?

Much appreciated!

joannajane
Regular
Regular

Post by joannajane » Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:02 pm

rcan wrote:joannajane,

Would you mind explaining the appeal process?

Much appreciated!
I called and asked.

rcan

Post by rcan » Wed, 05 Mar 2014 10:23 pm

Haha yes I guess that is easy. :lol:

u4ria

Post by u4ria » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 4:55 pm

u4ria wrote:Hi All,

Just a quick update from our end.

After a long wait for appointment with ICA, we have finally submitted our applications last week :) The officer who looked through our applications told us that it could take between 1 - 6 months of processing time.

Fingers crossed.
Hi All,

Quick update from our end.

My wife and my PR applications have been approved in February. We have since completed the formalities and is now waiting to pick up our IC which has been scheduled for early May.

iamme

Post by iamme » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 5:17 pm

u4ria wrote:

After a long wait for appointment with ICA, we have finally submitted our applications last week :) The officer who looked through our applications told us that it could take between 1 - 6 months of processing time.

Fingers crossed.
Hi All,

My wife and my PR applications have been approved in February. We have since completed the formalities and is now waiting to pick up our IC which has been scheduled for early May.

Congratulations! :)
May I ask if it is common to wait so long (till May) to get your IC? If it is because of appointment slots are all filled up, then I thought there's option to collect earlier from Singpost for a small fee... Please enlighten, thank you.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 5:18 pm

Noice! three months. Not bad at all. Congratulations. Thanks for coming back and updating us. Adds to the knowledge base here. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

midlet2013
Chatter
Chatter
Answers: 1

Post by midlet2013 » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 5:34 pm

yes u can get IC within a week or so from Singpost for 6 SGD . Unless u want to wait 2 months.

iamme wrote:
u4ria wrote:

Fingers crossed.
Hi All,

May I ask if it is common to wait so long (till May) to get your IC? If it is because of appointment slots are all filled up, then I thought there's option to collect earlier from Singpost for a small fee... Please enlighten, thank you.

u4ria

Post by u4ria » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 5:43 pm

Hi iamme,

Thanks.

You are right. When we went online to book an appointment, there was a 6 weeks waiting period for an available timeslot :cry:

We didn't go for the SingPost option because it makes no difference to us from a convenience perspective and we are not in a hurry to have the ICs.

Hi SMS,

Thanks.

2 months actually to be precise :) Submitted in mid December and approved in mid February.

iamme

Post by iamme » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 6:28 pm

midlet2013 wrote:yes u can get IC within a week or so from Singpost for 6 SGD . Unless u want to wait 2 months.

iamme wrote:
u4ria wrote: Hi All,

Thanks for the clarifications, midlet2013! :)

iamme

Post by iamme » Wed, 26 Mar 2014 6:29 pm

u4ria wrote:Hi iamme,

Thanks.

You are right. When we went online to book an appointment, there was a 6 weeks waiting period for an available timeslot :cry:

We didn't go for the SingPost option because it makes no difference to us from a convenience perspective and we are not in a hurry to have the ICs.

Hi SMS,

Thanks.

2 months actually to be precise :) Submitted in mid December and approved in mid February.
Thanks for the info, u4ria! :)