Singapore Expats

PR Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
pchandrasekar

PR Chances

Post by pchandrasekar » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 12:28 pm

Hi All,

I am an Indian did my Bachelor of engineering in India and Master of science from NTU Singapore.
Total experience is 5 years and experience in Singapore is 4 years in IT. Filled 4 IT returns. Currently with PEP and expiring in Dec 2014 as per the new rules.
Married no kids. Wife did bachelor of engineering from NTU Singapore just graduated.
First time applied with wife in 2011 rejected and applied alone in 2012 rejected.
Now planning to apply again?. Is it advisable to apply alone or together with my wife or not to apply at all?.
Thanks in advance.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 1:30 pm

What did your last rejection letter say?

pchandrasekar

Post by pchandrasekar » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 4:22 pm

The rejection letter did not state anything it just states that You can continue to stay with current employment pass. Thanks

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 10 Feb 2014 4:30 pm

That's the "Kiss of death" letter. :(
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

helen051188

Application for PR chance

Post by helen051188 » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 12:41 pm

Hello, I am 26 years old and had working at Singapore since December 2007 .I am holding the S Pass and graduate at LCCI Diploma in Accounting. My Boyfriend is 32 years old and had working in Singapore since April 2007 .He is holding the Work Permit and only Graduate at N Level. We will married this year . I plan to apply the PR in Singapore but should I apply individual before marriage or Apply with my boyfriend in an application after we marriage .Which is better chance that I should consider?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 1:05 pm

The honest reaction I had when reading your post was that unless your are Malaysian Chinese and making very near to 4K/mo I don't think I would even waste my time applying. With your bf only on a WP, I feel that marriage would only lower your chances even more. But, on the other hand if you don't get married be applying and possibly receiving PR, you may not get permission from MOM to marry at all. At least at the moment, you don't need to get permission to marry (although it is a good idea anyway - I think you can see the reason why). If you get PR first and MOM refuses to give permission, are you ready to go back to his homeland?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

trashmaker

Post by trashmaker » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 2:29 pm

a
Last edited by trashmaker on Tue, 29 Dec 2020 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 2:59 pm

Because the rest of the stock format letters all hold out hope. e.g., "apply after you have been here 6 months" (rarely ever seen now); "apply after you have been here two more years" or "apply after you have been here two years". These indicate that, 'possibly' your application looks like it has potential except it doesn't pass the current tenure being required by the powers that be.

"You are welcome to remain here and work on your Employment Pass" usually means you are here until you can no longer get a pass renewed or find another position in order to get a new EP. But it is obliquely telling you that, in your current configuration, PR is NOT going to happen. So, unless you acquire more tertiary education, a much higher position, or a huge increase of salary, the odds of ever obtaining PR is virtually nil. Happens to a lot now, since the 2011 GE here. Now they are skimming the cream of the crop. Before, if you were breathing it was almost an IN.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 3:02 pm

None of our information is based on black and white (other than what we can link to) but is based primarily on anecdotal evidence garnered by our various members here of both themselves (in some instances) or from other 3rd parties that they know of. This is why we ask so many questions to add to our database of histories and happenstances. It also allows us to see trends occasionally. A good example is two years ago, it was rare to see anybody from the subcontinent getting PR. Now we are starting to see some again, but most are rather high levels candidates, and not S, Q or P2 level passes. Even then, we've still seen some P1's rejected.

helen051188

Post by helen051188 » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 3:28 pm

Hello, Sunny...

Actually I am helping my friend to asking for this... I will advise my friend as u said... That mean she is not encourage to apply PR right?

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 25 Feb 2014 3:47 pm

If she is a Malaysian Chinese she can try. I think you are confusing my posts. You didn't mention about her getting a rejection letter. My reply for her was based on her ethnicity and income/WP/matters. The other post was about what the various rejection letters generally can be interpreted as saying.

My last two replies were for trashmaker.