Singapore Expats

Renouncing my Permanent Residency

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
vader72

Renouncing my Permanent Residency

Post by vader72 » Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:12 pm

Hi,

Not sure if this has been discussed before. I've search the forums and so far none matches my situation.

Anyway, I've recently resigned from my company and plan to return to my home country. I want to renounce my PR status and claim my CPF. I understand that getting my CPF will take about 2-4 weeks to process.

Do I need to wait for my last day in office before I terminate my PR or can I do it in advance?

Thanks in advance.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:30 pm

If you surrender your PR, you will be on social visit pass. On social visit pass you are not allowed to work. Which implies that you cannot cancel your PR until your last day of work.

From what I know the process is very simple and straight forward. Although the CPF money may take time to hit your account. You dont need to stay in Singapore until then, you can initiate the transfer and then leave. So I think max you need to stay in Singapore like for a day or 2 after your last day at work.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:34 pm

I believe the CPF board will wire transfer you funds to the bank of your choosing with in 15 to 21 days if I'm not mistaken.

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/my-cpf/Overseas/LivO9.htm

http://mycpf.cpf.gov.sg/CPF/Svc-Stds/Wi ... rounds.htm
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

vader72

Post by vader72 » Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:39 pm

Thanks for the replies.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 12:46 pm

Congratulations! Some of us who do not like it here anymore but are none-the-less stuck here are very jealous. :wink:

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sun, 23 Feb 2014 1:19 pm

You do not need to wait for 14 days to have your money in your account.

Go to ICA first renounce your PRship

Then go to CPF office and show the counter that you have renounce PR and would like to withdraw all your monies
Time taken 1 and half hours max

Document needed your IC, POSB book, PP and your face

Easy as
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!