Singapore Expats

Student Pass Cancellation Procedure

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
seamonster009

Student Pass Cancellation Procedure

Post by seamonster009 » Fri, 21 Feb 2014 8:46 pm

Hi, I have questions regarding the student pass cancellation procedure.

I've submitted the student pass cancellation form on the 17th of February to my university but I intend to stay in Singapore a little longer. Does that mean that it was cancelled on the very same day?

If so, then where should I surrender my student pass? Do I give it to the university?

Or should I surrender it to the ICA and re-fill the forms needed to do the cancellation and get the social visit pass?

Thanks!

rdueej
Regular
Regular

Post by rdueej » Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:30 pm

Is this [ http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... lation.pdf ] the form that you submitted ?

As far as I know, it should be done in person at the ICA counters. Your passport will be stamped with a social visit pass after cancellation and you will be given a white disembarkation/embarkation card (IMM 27A).

seamonster009

Post by seamonster009 » Fri, 21 Feb 2014 11:59 pm

rdueej wrote:Is this [ http://www.ica.gov.sg/data/resources/do ... lation.pdf ] the form that you submitted ?

As far as I know, it should be done in person at the ICA counters. Your passport will be stamped with a social visit pass after cancellation and you will be given a white disembarkation/embarkation card (IMM 27A).
Yes, it's the form I submitted.

Alright, so I guess it is best to go to the ICA and take care of it.

Thank you.