Singapore Expats

Looking for a Obstetrician with Good bed side manners.

Discuss the various Pediatrician, Obstetrician & Gynaecologist options here.
dxb625

Looking for a Obstetrician with Good bed side manners.

Post by dxb625 » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 4:01 pm

I recently visited KKH for a check-up but I was not impressed with the services provided. Perhaps I was a subsidized patient and thus the lack of service and long wait time but considering the amount of money saved (50% off regular bill), it is not quite worth it. Moreover, as a subsidized patient, I am not allowed to pick my preferred doctor, so I will be assigned to whoever is on duty... even on the day of delivery (that is if one is available). I blame my husband's new insurance company for not providing maternity benefit else I would have gone to a private hospital right away. I have resided in four different countries over 12 years and no doctor is as bad as Dr. Geetha from KKH who is unfriendly, rude and has no bed side manners.

So any recommendations anyone? Any foreign certified doctors? Heard Dr. Lisa Chin at Gleneagles is exceptional but difficult to get an appt.

Kamaratka

Post by Kamaratka » Thu, 13 Feb 2014 4:21 pm

I am very content with Dr. Jocelyn Wong from ACJ Women's Clinic at Thomson Medical. She is very polite, kind, gentle and knowledgeable. I would recommend.

taxico
Director
Director

Re: Looking for a Obstetrician with Good bed side manners.

Post by taxico » Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:36 pm

dxb625 wrote:...and no doctor is as bad as Dr. Geetha from KKH who is unfriendly, rude and has no bed side manners.

So any recommendations anyone? Any foreign certified doctors? ...
both dr o. geetha and dr geetha v. from KKH are overseas (not singapore) medical graduates. both drs have post-graduate qualifications from UK.
Aut viam ad caelum inveniam aut faciam

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 15 Feb 2014 9:01 pm

dxb625 wrote: So any recommendations anyone? Any foreign certified doctors? Heard Dr. Lisa Chin at Gleneagles is exceptional but difficult to get an appt.
what's your angst vs local doctors?

if you wanted previleges you should not have gone to a govt hospital.

if you had topped up your plan in kkh as private consult, you too can pick and choose your doctor in KKH too.

mmm.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 15 Feb 2014 9:38 pm

taxico wrote:
dxb625 wrote:...and no doctor is as bad as Dr. Geetha from KKH who is unfriendly, rude and has no bed side manners.

So any recommendations anyone? Any foreign certified doctors? ...
both dr o. geetha and dr geetha v. from KKH are overseas (not singapore) medical graduates. both drs have post-graduate qualifications from UK.
I have few dozens of colleagues graduated and post-graduated overseas and from what I could judge it had no impact on their manners and working culture. Unless of course medical sciences are somehow that special.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 11:45 am

x9200 wrote:
I have few dozens of colleagues graduated and post-graduated overseas and from what I could judge it had no impact on their manners and working culture. Unless of course medical sciences are somehow that special.[/quote]

in govt hospitals subsidized patients are attended to by mostly MOs who are over worked. that's what I know ... that causes them to rush, though that doesn't mean the patient gets bad care ...

if you want more attention go for private consult.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sun, 16 Feb 2014 12:02 pm

The only thing I can say to defend the whole not wanting a locally trained OB is that some countries approach maternity care and birth very differently. Not to say the doctors themselves are any more or less pleasant. I travelled home for my maternity care and birth for that reason. It's a very cultural and emotive subject.