Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
becky

Re: contact lenses?

Post by becky » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:40 pm

KittyKat wrote:
Hi Becky! Currently I'm livin in Jakarta, Indonesia. About the contact lenses, I wear them too! But from what I read in the requirements for Indonesian Stewardesses were : "the use of contact lenses are acceptable". I'm sure it should apply for all stewardesses requirements, right? Dat's why I'm kinda encouraged to apply since from what I know, most airlines doesn't allow contact lenses, means your eyesight should be perfect! :cry: Really you have a friend in Indonesia? Maybe you should ask her to join dis forum and we can really chat. Or if you have a yahoo messenger, just add me : [email protected]. About the recruitment of stewardesses, is it ok if I join the Singapore or Malaysian recruitment? Since I'm kinda planning to go there for a vacation sometime in June / July!

Pleasure to talk to you.

Cheers,
KittyKat
Hi KittyKat, Yeah, I read bout the "Indonesian Stewardess".........they stated that contact lenses are allowed but for "Malaysian Stewardess", they stated "perfect eyesight".......so I was confused, wondered if they have different standards lolz. I was thinkig if perfect eyesight also means not colour blind? Oh yeah, my good friend she's from Medan and she's currently working in KL so she'll apply here I guess........I think should be ok since I went through the application form last time, they did ask you to choose where you wanna be interviewed......so I think it's ok for Indonesians to apply for "Malaysian Stewardess" since they're not in Indonesia? My friend sent her application once but didn't get called up because she just sent her online application without her CV and full-length photo.......so I guess that's why. I don't have yahoo though but I have MSN ([email protected])

Re: SIA Interview

Post by Guest » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 1:01 pm

Kyo wrote:Hi everyone,

I posted a new topic without realising there is already such an active discussion going on here regarding SIA cabin crew. The last time SIA was looking for stewardess, I applied but did not even get call up for the interview.

I did not fill up the application form and just emailed them my resume directly. I waited and waited and waited.... was feeling quite upset and wondering what went wrong :cry: So I was hoping someone could help me out, is it better to:

1) fill up the application form and sent it through email or normal mail

2) fill up the application form and sent it together with your resume through email or normal mail

Could somone please advise? I really want to be called up for the next interview when it opens. Thanks :)

the possible reason u are not called up could be that u applied like 3 months before ur application.let's say u applied during april 05,u have to wait for 6 months before u can apply again,becoz they have records and they want to see new faces instead of familiar faces

Post by Guest » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 3:29 pm

Hi.. I went for the SilkAir interview too. And was told to wait a week before we could hear from them. I wanna know if Silkair Stewardesses get to stay away from home for like a couple of days apart from thier many turnarounds. How much can a Silkair Stewardess bring back after all the allowances.A rough estimate?

Re: silkair

Post by Guest » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 3:53 pm

lili wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Anyone knows about the take home salary of SILKAIR cabin crew?
Basic is $1K.

Allowances is from $250.00 to $1,000.00. Depending where you fly and how long you go. Silkair fly only Asia countries, so the allowances not as attractive as SIA where one flight to New York can fetch you almost $1800.00 allowances, just allowances!!

lili,

Do you know roughly how many trips will there be in a month? And duration of trip? As in does the air stewardess need to go overseas for a few days before coming back to Singapore? Or anyone else knows?

Thanks.

illusion~

silkair stewardess

Post by illusion~ » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 4:19 pm

FYI, SilkAir flight stewardess do not stay over in the country. SilkAir's flights are all turnaround flights which explains why the allowance is much lesser compared to SIA. And also, SilkAir only fly to regional countries.

As for the salary aspect, you can expect anything from at least 2k (if u take MC) to the maximum of 3k.

Hope my reply answers your enquiries.

As for now, do not worry so much about all these aspects if you are really keen to fly with them.

Pray hard that you wil get invitation for the 2nd interview and finally, pass all and that's when you will be offered a contract.

If you managed to reach that stage, then it's time to question about the pay etc. =)

KittyKat

Post by KittyKat » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 6:37 pm

becky wrote:
KittyKat wrote:
Hi Becky! Currently I'm livin in Jakarta, Indonesia. About the contact lenses, I wear them too! But from what I read in the requirements for Indonesian Stewardesses were : "the use of contact lenses are acceptable". I'm sure it should apply for all stewardesses requirements, right? Dat's why I'm kinda encouraged to apply since from what I know, most airlines doesn't allow contact lenses, means your eyesight should be perfect! :cry: Really you have a friend in Indonesia? Maybe you should ask her to join dis forum and we can really chat. Or if you have a yahoo messenger, just add me : [email protected]. About the recruitment of stewardesses, is it ok if I join the Singapore or Malaysian recruitment? Since I'm kinda planning to go there for a vacation sometime in June / July!

Pleasure to talk to you.

Cheers,
KittyKat
Hi KittyKat, Yeah, I read bout the "Indonesian Stewardess".........they stated that contact lenses are allowed but for "Malaysian Stewardess", they stated "perfect eyesight".......so I was confused, wondered if they have different standards lolz. I was thinkig if perfect eyesight also means not colour blind? Oh yeah, my good friend she's from Medan and she's currently working in KL so she'll apply here I guess........I think should be ok since I went through the application form last time, they did ask you to choose where you want to be interviewed......so I think it's ok for Indonesians to apply for "Malaysian Stewardess" since they're not in Indonesia? My friend sent her application once but didn't get called up because she just sent her online application without her CV and full-length photo.......so I guess that's why. I don't have yahoo though but I have MSN ([email protected])
Hi Becky,
Really? How come they set different requirements for different nationalities? Anybody here can clarify? Rach, maybe? :wink: Well, I'm planning to go for Emirates in Bali though..just wanna know what it's like..considering that I'll oso have a vacation by dat time :wink: Too bad I dont have MSN! Maybe I'll manage to install it 2moro..About SIA, I think from now on I gotta keep an eye on da newspaper everyday just in case they annnounce a walk-in! Since I already call SIA Jakarta and they won't provide me with da info..!!

becky

Post by becky » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 7:35 pm

KittyKat wrote: Hi Becky,
Really? How come they set different requirements for different nationalities? Anybody here can clarify? Rach, maybe? :wink: Well, I'm planning to go for Emirates in Bali though..just want to know what it's like..considering that I'll oso have a vacation by dat time :wink: Too bad I dont have MSN! Maybe I'll manage to install it 2moro..About SIA, I think from now on I gotta keep an eye on da newspaper everyday just in case they annnounce a walk-in! Since I already call SIA Jakarta and they won't provide me with da info..!!
Hey KityKat, Yeah I don't know why they set different standards for different nationalities. But i guess am gonna try no matter wot....everything must have a first step hehe. Going for Emirates? that's cool. Unfortunately Emirates don't have base here in Malaysia. Maybe next time I'll try. Anyways, do keep me updated yeah? And if you really go for Emirate's interview, tell me bout it hehe......

ting

sad

Post by ting » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:00 pm

sigh...gosh im like so sad n disappointed...recieved the email frm silkair regarding the interview but due to my IE dwn..i din check my mails till todae n i missed the chance....sigh :cry:

Vien

Becky

Post by Vien » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:02 pm

Hai Becky, As i know the malaysian airlines dont recruit the indonesia citizen,so i think there wont be any chance for the indonesian become malasian stewardess though we are in Malaysia. ^^.. btw becky, who is your friend from medan? why dont you ask her and join this forum since all of us hav the same ambition become Flight Attendant :).. and i am from Medan too ^^

-angel-

Vien

Becky

Post by Vien » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:06 pm

Hai Becky, As i know the malaysian airlines dont recruit the indonesia citizen,so i think there wont be any chance for the indonesian become malasian stewardess though we are in Malaysia. ^^.. btw becky, who is your friend from medan? why dont you ask her and join this forum since all of us hav the same ambition become Flight Attendant :).. and i am from Medan too ^^

-angel-

becky

Re: Becky

Post by becky » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 11:42 pm

Vien wrote:Hai Becky, As i know the malaysian airlines dont recruit the indonesia citizen,so i think there wont be any chance for the indonesian become malasian stewardess though we are in Malaysia. ^^.. btw becky, who is your friend from medan? why dont you ask her and join this forum since all of us hav the same ambition become Flight Attendant :).. and i am from Medan too ^^

-angel-
Hey Vien. Awww really? I thought so........this afternoon I browsed through the first few pages and someone was saying that too.......so I guess my friend has to wait for the next Indonesian recruitment. I don't know how to tell her bout this coz she's extremely excited bout the whole thing :oops: . Her name's Susan and she's also my housemate and she's from Medan. Oh, I did tell her bout this forum and I told her everything I learn from this forum bout SIA....share it with her too but she doesn't like forums. So there you go lolz. I wonder when will the next Indonesian recruitment be coz last time she sent her application, she didn't get called up and she sounded as if it's the end of the world lolz.......I wonder when will the next Malaysian recruitment be......hope there will be one in June or July

Post by Guest » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 9:41 am

Former flight attendant sues Singapore Airlines over shoe problems

An air hostess is suing over a pair of sandals issued by Singapore Airlines which she says damaged her feet.

Betsy Yuen is issuing the law suit against the airline for negligence, claiming that the dainty sandals squeezed her toes together.

She says the damage to her feet led her to have surgery twice.

"I can't run or walk for very long before the pain comes back," Ms Yuen said.

Yuen, 26, is suing for an estimated 200,000 Singapore dollars (£70,000), said her lawyer, K Rajendran.

"During the course of employment, the toes are kind of squeezed together," Rajendran said. Singapore Airlines has declined to comment on the case.

Yuen is not the first to complain about the airlines' footwear. After a Singapore Airlines crash last year in Taiwan, several flight attendants complained that their sandals came off during the crash.

The airline issued new shoes for takeoffs and landings in April, but sandals are still worn during flights.

Yuen said she felt numbness and pain in her left foot during a training course shortly after joining the airline in November 1999. She complained that Singapore Airlines' doctors did not warn her that the pain could be related to the sandals - but other doctors said there could be a connection.

The airline terminated Yuen a year ago after she had taken 10 months' medical leave, Rajendran said, noting that she was still under probation at the time.

Rajendran said Yuen's "employment prospects had been restricted" by the damage to her feet. Yuen said she now runs a tea shop.

KittyKat

Post by KittyKat » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:35 am

becky wrote:
KittyKat wrote: Hi Becky,
Really? How come they set different requirements for different nationalities? Anybody here can clarify? Rach, maybe? :wink: Well, I'm planning to go for Emirates in Bali though..just want to know what it's like..considering that I'll oso have a vacation by dat time :wink: Too bad I dont have MSN! Maybe I'll manage to install it 2moro..About SIA, I think from now on I gotta keep an eye on da newspaper everyday just in case they annnounce a walk-in! Since I already call SIA Jakarta and they won't provide me with da info..!!
Hey KityKat, Yeah I don't know why they set different standards for different nationalities. But i guess am gonna try no matter wot....everything must have a first step hehe. Going for Emirates? that's cool. Unfortunately Emirates don't have base here in Malaysia. Maybe next time I'll try. Anyways, do keep me updated yeah? And if you really go for Emirate's interview, tell me bout it hehe......
Yeah, Becky..sure!! Actually me and Vien are planning to go for Emirates together! Hahah..so glad I can meet you gals in dis forum..We'll surely provide you with da report once we got back from Bali :P

-KittyKat-

Blue

Let's go Bali

Post by Blue » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 1:30 pm

I know this may sound like a crazy idea to some of you. But I am considering going to Bali to attend the Emirates recruitment. I am located in Singapore but I believe that is no reason to give up the chance for an interivew in Bali. I'm looking for travelling mates to travel from Singapore to Bali. So if you are seriously interested, please send me an email at [email protected] and we can discuss further.
This is no kidding matter, so please email only if you really intend to go. Take your time and think through it. :) [/url]

Post by Guest » Thu, 02 Jun 2005 4:35 pm

Anyone received call from Silkair for second interview?