Singapore Expats

PR application - advice?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 12:24 pm

He has a problem with against me, because I tend to call a spade a spade. He comes here to get answer and gets in a snit when all the answers/affirmation he wants are is wrong flavour, so then he lashes out in frustration.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 12:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:He has a problem with against me, because I tend to call a spade a spade. He comes here to get answer and gets in a snit when all the answers/affirmation he wants are is wrong flavour, so then he lashes out in frustration.
Yes, I remembered him soon after I replied. I've known menopausal women less emotionally charged than that guy.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 1:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:He has a problem with against me, because I tend to call a spade a spade. He comes here to get answer and gets in a snit when all the answers/affirmation he wants are is wrong flavour, so then he lashes out in frustration.
Every post seems to be seeking to resolve some self-made situation where he/she has landed in the poo (or latterly, attacking the regulars here).

Don't see him/her giving anyone any assistance/advice in one single post.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 3:24 pm

byseeksconseil wrote:I would take the advise dispensed here (regarding PR application, etc) with a grain of salt. They are NOT privy to any insider information, however DECIDEDLY they LOVE to give their opinions, for whatever ego-boosting reasons best known to themselves. However, I don't hold any particular grudge against people on THIS forum. It is just a reality of anonymous internet communication.

However, back to your case, I am just curious why your wife had to renounce her Singapore citizenship. How on earth could Singapore ICA discover her US citizenship? Unless she once entered Singapore on a USA passport, there should be no way ICA could find out! Did she offer that information voluntarily?

fuel_sg wrote:
x9200 wrote:I hope I am wrong but I think your wife stands no chance for PR. The government does not like those who renounced the citizenship. She made a very serious mistake renouncing it and I don't expect P1 will be good enough to fix anything.
OK, I appreciate the perspective, can you quote a source for "government does not like those who renounced the citizenship"?

After living in US since 1988, she comes to SG in 2011 - ICA ask her: which citizenship do you want to keep? On what grounds could she have said SG, without having lived here since 1988..?

Your right tho - it might be moot to apply, but thought I'd ask anyway.
Thanks again, :???:
The US and a lot of countries now share (illegally in the case of my home country but they still do it) this type of information. Very risky.

byseeksconseil

Post by byseeksconseil » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 3:31 pm

I checked the top two posts in this forum the first time in several months and was pleasantly surprised to find that people are still being themselves.

Please do not put on the cap so hastily. I already said that I don't hold any grudge against anyone on this forum. Indeed, I did not direct my comment towards anyone in particular. But I can't help it if someone (some people) for whatever reason feels/feel personally affronted. A certain someone seems to say that I have a problem against him/her. Rest assured that I do not. I did say in the other post that it is not necessary to be unpleasant/obnoxious, but at least one would perhaps give me the credit of being disinterested (that other post has nothing to do with me). (If there are any other recent issues/posts that I am not aware of, please do jog my memory).

Thanks for presuming on my gender (for reasons best known to whoever feels that I must be male).

Salute to a certain someone for having had experience with menopausal women, and for not being emotional/judgmental him/herself here.

Thanks to a certain someone for apparently judging my prior queries now to be unworthy (thanks for digging them up by the way) but who deigned at the time to post replies to them.

People on the internet are just so lovely...

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sun, 26 Jan 2014 4:12 pm

byseeksconseil wrote: Thanks for presuming on my gender (for reasons best known to whoever feels that I must be male).

Salute to a certain someone for having had experience with menopausal women, and for not being emotional/judgmental him/herself here.
Oh I made much more specific assumptions, but felt it would be impolite. :)