Singapore Expats

Any other stay at home dads out there? (With Poll)

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club

Being a Stay-At-Home-Dad is mostly...

isolating - I miss being around people
No votes
great - I enjoy not working
100%
boring - there are too many hours to fill
No votes
awkward - I feel embarrassed to not be working
No votes
unproductive - I miss achieving things at work
No votes
lucky - I'm not one but wish I was
No votes
convenient - gives our family so much more freedom
No votes

Total votes: 1

-Lloyd-

Any other stay at home dads out there? (With Poll)

Post by -Lloyd- » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 12:09 pm

Looks like there isn't a stay-at-home-dads group in Singapore. I'm trying to set up a group of loose-knit guys who have followed their wife to Singapore and are not presently working full-time. The plan is simple - we meet up for beers or coffee and find others with similar interests and free time.:D

As a starter, I'm interested in photography and would like to join any other amateur photo-hobbyist in a trip to photograph SG. I'm not into it enough to be a part of a dedicated photography group . I'd also like to get PADI certified but would probably enjoy it more if I knew someone else interested in learning to dive. Anyone interested?

That's what I hope this group becomes. Nothing too serious, nothing too hard. A place where people with a variety of interests and some hours to kill can find the like-minded.

Perhaps someone out there knows of a place to meet for beers one night to start this off? Or, suggest anything else that would bring us together?

30's, 40's, and all 50's welcome. 8-)

CaptainBullus
Regular
Regular

Post by CaptainBullus » Tue, 21 Jan 2014 2:46 pm

Hi Lloyd, good luck with this. I'll be moving to Singapore (as a trailing spouse!) in August and will be looking for ideas like this. Hopefully by then you'll have a good network of guys with similar ideas.