Singapore Expats

Medical insurance?

Discuss the different insurance options from car to health insurance.
leeste

Post by leeste » Thu, 01 Dec 2011 11:54 pm

Sorry, someone mentioned NTUC Income above... I believe they are the only ones who offer shield-type (hospitalization) plans to foreigners on an LTVP without extra stipulations. This would be useful for someone who is here alone and searching for a job on an EPEC/LTVP. The plan is called Enhanced IncomeShield and rates are very competitive to the other providers (Prudential, Aviva, Great Eastern, etc.) but the riders for co-insurance and deductible are structured a bit differently.

kamikaze_j

Post by kamikaze_j » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 7:34 pm

leeste wrote:Sorry, someone mentioned NTUC Income above... I believe they are the only ones who offer shield-type (hospitalization) plans to foreigners on an LTVP without extra stipulations. This would be useful for someone who is here alone and searching for a job on an EPEC/LTVP. The plan is called Enhanced IncomeShield and rates are very competitive to the other providers (Prudential, Aviva, Great Eastern, etc.) but the riders for co-insurance and deductible are structured a bit differently.
Hi Leeste, based on what you had mentioned above, I would recommend a hospital income plan to a hospitalization plan. This is because I feel that a hospital income plan can better meet your objectives should you get hospitalized for minor ailments while providing you with a much-needed income to meet any financial commitments during the said period. This can be continued even after you have secured a job of your choice since it can continue to help protect your income.

Nevertheless, you may wish to refer to this website for a comparison of shield plans. Stipulations aside, I would advise you to focus on the benefits you are looking out for rather than the premium rates. It wouldn't really take you long to find a job or apply for permanent residency as a qualified professional. From there onwards, these stipulations don't really matter anymore.

Generally if you see a lower premium for a similar plan, this simply means the insurer offers different benefits.

http://www.moh.gov.sg/content/moh_web/h ... rance.html

(DELETED)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 8:22 pm

kamikaze_j,unapproved advertising is strictly forbidden on this board. Another attempt to advertise your services = your account will be suspended and your messages deleted.

sarasari

Re: International Healthcare Provider

Post by sarasari » Mon, 20 Jan 2014 4:35 pm

buttercup123 wrote:Hi, I would suggest you call the hotline of some international health insurance providers. They can probably give you the best answer for this.

Try:

www.imc-healthcare.com
www.chi-health.com.sg
www.pacificprime.com
www.aia.com.sg
I got quotes directly online from the Pacific website above. The other one seem to be a clinic but maybe they have packages too

In teh end, my husband's company had a plan for us so we did not need to buy but thanks for the recommendation
^-^