Singapore Expats

Another WHP-Thread - Bachelor and Master

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Bloomaul

Another WHP-Thread - Bachelor and Master

Post by Bloomaul » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 8:19 pm

Hey folks,

I got a question concerning the requirements of the WHP.

I want to apply for an internship between my Bachelor and Master. I would finish my BSc ~ March and then do an internship for 6 months. After that I would start my MSc at October. I Will be enrolled till 31.03.2014. Does this stick with the requirement of:
For undergraduates: they must be resident and full-time students of the university for at least three months prior to the submission of the WHP application.
If I apply in January/February I am still enrolled. That should work, shouldn't it?
Just wondering because the HR department was confused about my theory^^

Best regards,
Bloomaul

taxico
Director
Director

Post by taxico » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 9:21 pm

sounds you're A-OK.

Bloomaul

Post by Bloomaul » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 6:53 pm

Hey,

I got another question according the WHP. I am currently trying to fill out the WHP-formular, but I got some problems with the bureaucratic english-phrases:
PART II - Applicant's Education Details
Name of Awarding Body/ Institution/ University which awarded/will be awarding qualifcation
Do I type in the name of my internship-employer here? Or is it only for universities?
I got no address in Singapore so far - do I just write "not applicable"?
My current passport expires at the end of march. I already applied for a new one, but it will take some days until it is printed. The application for the WHP only works with the new passport, doesn’t it?

Regards and thanks for any help in advance,
Bloomaul

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 17 Jan 2014 1:25 pm

Bloomaul wrote:Hey,

I got another question according the WHP. I am currently trying to fill out the WHP-formular, but I got some problems with the bureaucratic english-phrases:
PART II - Applicant's Education Details
Name of Awarding Body/ Institution/ University which awarded/will be awarding qualifcation
Do I type in the name of my internship-employer here? Or is it only for universities?
I got no address in Singapore so far - do I just write "not applicable"?
My current passport expires at the end of march. I already applied for a new one, but it will take some days until it is printed. The application for the WHP only works with the new passport, doesn’t it?

Regards and thanks for any help in advance,
Bloomaul
Your university.

Yes, new passport. Although you can try updating MOM on your new passport later if you use your current passport details, but not sure if it is a hassle.