Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
29lam

Post by 29lam » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 12:42 pm

yoyobin wrote:@29lam Thanks and congrats too! The other time how long was ur document pending? I told M that I will only be receiving my cert in feb (1 month later). So was wondering if I will be informed my medical results meanwhile? Haha, cannt wait to have a proper confirmation.
Hi yoyobin, i submitted the doc to M when my doc is ready. however i requested to start work in feb/mar instead of Dec. :)

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 4:28 pm

bongirl wrote:I read from one blog forgot i think it was BT himself. There is interviewer didnt like the candidate gg for the seminar and fail the interviewee? I think any preparation is good as long as you need to speak things positive about yourself and support the claim. Just like short stint job, if you can provide a good answer to back yourself up. It also can clear your interview.

Also by stating and never give up attitude interviewer also can pass your interviewer and moved by you. :)

just my thoughts.

It's not true the interviewer didn't like a candidate for attending my seminar. Do you know the candidate contacted me and asked for a 1 on 1 coaching after she failed 4 times previously? After the coaching, the candidate got into SQ. Please get your facts right.

bongirl
Regular
Regular

Post by bongirl » Mon, 13 Jan 2014 3:11 am

Dear sstan123

I read from one of your post that she went to the 1-2-1 interview and the interviewer ask her about attending some workshop. She then never got in. Maybe the 2nd time you coach her the other way? My sincere apologies if i did not get the facts right or misread it. My apologies.

the post is here, where i highlighted

http://postimg.org/image/oe34dd857/

http://www.bohtong.org/2012/09/she-felt ... -crew.html

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Mon, 13 Jan 2014 10:30 am

bongirl wrote:Dear sstan123

I read from one of your post that she went to the 1-2-1 interview and the interviewer ask her about attending some workshop. She then never got in. Maybe the 2nd time you coach her the other way? My sincere apologies if i did not get the facts right or misread it. My apologies.

the post is here, where i highlighted

http://postimg.org/image/oe34dd857/

http://www.bohtong.org/2012/09/she-felt ... -crew.html
I am sure that interviewer did not refer to my seminar but other seminars which may not have suitably qualified people to coach the wannabe.

"Maybe the 2nd time you coach her..." .....no I did not coach her the 2nd time. It was my first and only time I coached her and she got into SIA after that.

The interviewers would not boot a candidate simply because she has attended my seminar. They will boot people whom they think is not suitable for the job. In that case, my opinion is that candidate was too long winded in answering the interviewer's questions.

Samandai

Does anyone know when will be the next interview

Post by Samandai » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 1:45 pm

does anyone know when will be the next interview?

terencechen

Post by terencechen » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:09 pm

hi all,
i just received my confirmation call this afternoon at about 1pm. i will be commencing training on 18 march 2014.
i also received an email regarding it.

hope u guys from the 040114 interviews received your calls too!

cheers

XalaskaX

Post by XalaskaX » Tue, 14 Jan 2014 11:00 pm

terencechen wrote:hi all,
i just received my confirmation call this afternoon at about 1pm. i will be commencing training on 18 march 2014.

cheers
Congrats! That's considered quite fast right for you to get the "golden call"? Btw just curious, did they let you have the options to choose the training dates? And is it possible to take short leaves during training because of like exams/medical appointment/pre-planned holidays?

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 7:05 am

XalaskaX wrote:
terencechen wrote:hi all,

cheers
Congrats! That's considered quite fast right for you to get the "golden call"? Btw just curious, did they let you have the options to choose the training dates? And is it possible to take short leaves during training because of like exams/medical appointment/pre-planned holidays?
They will follow the 'availability date' you gave them, of course it is possible to change with a valid reason. Leaves because of exam, possible. Medical appointment and pre-planned holidays, I highly doubt.

Luckyme

Post by Luckyme » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 11:02 am

MeganL wrote:Hi! Can anyone confirm if Singaporean PR(Malaysians) are still welcomed for the walk-in interviews in Singapore? It is listed "Singapore citizen" under the requirements but on the form it is "Singaporean/ Malaysian Cabin Crew. (Residing in Singapore)".

A little confused here. Would appreciate if anyone can help me out. Thanks! :)

Hi,

All Malaysian have to go under Cabin Crew Malaysia recruitment. Regardless u r SPR or not. More info please check on career www.singaporeair.com

hnnhjsmn

Post by hnnhjsmn » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 1:59 pm

Hi everyone, I just discovered this forum and wanted to say hi! I'm still studying now and will be going for the interviews in June... hehe. Hope to make some friends so won't be so lonely when going for the interview... :D

yujie

Post by yujie » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 9:39 pm

Hi, is it true that they won't bother to ask about your outstanding documents if you failed medicals? Some of my friends been called up for outstanding docs and some not yet.

MeganL
Regular
Regular

Post by MeganL » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 12:30 am

Luckyme wrote:
MeganL wrote:Hi! Can anyone confirm if Singaporean PR(Malaysians) are still welcomed for the walk-in interviews in Singapore? It is listed "Singapore citizen" under the requirements but on the form it is "Singaporean/ Malaysian Cabin Crew. (Residing in Singapore)".

A little confused here. Would appreciate if anyone can help me out. Thanks! :)

Hi,

All Malaysian have to go under Cabin Crew Malaysia recruitment. Regardless u r SPR or not. More info please check on career www.singaporeair.com
Oh I see, you're very sure about that? The thing is that I am residing in Singapore and have the local GCE 'O/A' levels qualifications, not the Malaysian SPM and whatnot. :/

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 9:11 am

yujie wrote:Hi, is it true that they won't bother to ask about your outstanding documents if you failed medicals? Some of my friends been called up for outstanding docs and some not yet.
Just wait for the call. Doesn't mean you failed medical.

heyheyhey

Post by heyheyhey » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 9:49 am

hey, i just went for the interview during jan 4 2014,and have been put under review due to weight issues, may i ask around how long will they contact me? Am i supposed to go for the next upcoming interview or just wait for them to contact me? does it mean that i am not selected??:( will they forget to contact you or what? is there high chance that they will take u in after u lose the weight? someone please help me :((( i am like left hanging :???: :o :cry:
Last edited by heyheyhey on Fri, 17 Jan 2014 10:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Thu, 16 Jan 2014 7:10 pm

@ruthrimlim @29lam I got the confirmation call this noon!! Thanks guys for answering to all my queries... So will they send the package to u right?