Singapore Expats

27 F from UK, just moved to Sing, looking for friends

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
sophie5

27 F from UK, just moved to Sing, looking for friends

Post by sophie5 » Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:12 pm

Hi Guys,

I've been here for two weeks setting up, my partner has relocated with work and life has taken an exciting turn.

Now we are in the market for friends and would love to meet new people, explore the sites and try new activities.

I enjoy art/ dance/ yoga/ drinks/ travel/ movies, really i'll give anything a go.

My partner has an annoying obsession with football (Southampton) and would love to organise a football team or at least join one. Any ideas?

All in all happy to catch up for coffee and drinks.

:D

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 2:56 pm

There'll be a sports section with a lot of threads looking for teams to play for or teams looking for players. Your fella should be sorted there. But come on, Southampton? Really?
Other than that, let me know if you guys want to get together for a drink or something.

Lisa-Marie

Post by Lisa-Marie » Wed, 27 Nov 2013 1:33 am

Hi Sophie,

I just moved to Singapore too, It has been 6 days so far. I am also new to this forum so not entirely sure how it works. Myself and my partner are in a similar position actually, we have relocated with his job. He is in to football but not the best player I'm afraid, an Inter Milan supporter (Newcastle for me, as a Geordie girl). It is a little strange moving to the other side of the world without knowing anyone, but I am hoping this forum will fix that as I guess we have all been in the same boat ;)

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:22 pm

Lisa-Marie wrote:an Inter Milan supporter
Never mind, nobody's perfect :)

Morag

Post by Morag » Wed, 27 Nov 2013 2:06 pm

Hi all

Seems there are a few of us in the same boat (mine is a Leeds fan!) I'm from the UK too but have been out here a couple of months. Always happy to meet new people for coffee or drinks some time

My boyfriend plays for an expat team which I can send you details about if you like.

If anyone wants to meet send me an email at [email protected]

sharine s

Re: 27 F from UK, just moved to Sing, looking for friends

Post by sharine s » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 11:53 pm

sophie5 wrote:Hi Guys,

I've been here for two weeks setting up, my partner has relocated with work and life has taken an exciting turn.

Now we are in the market for friends and would love to meet new people, explore the sites and try new activities.

I enjoy art/ dance/ yoga/ drinks/ travel/ movies, really i'll give anything a go.

My partner has an annoying obsession with football (Southampton) and would love to organise a football team or at least join one. Any ideas?

All in all happy to catch up for coffee and drinks.

:D

doing yoga too...any plan for yoga and drink sometime?

Phil_J

nearly 24 year old male

Post by Phil_J » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 1:49 pm

Hey! I am new here as of last Friday from Manchester, UK.

Man United supporter and would be interested to join up with your husband if he is looking for a football team or has found one!

Phil

Darkwalker

Post by Darkwalker » Wed, 15 Jan 2014 12:14 am

Hello,
I am just moved to Singapore 2 weeks back. It would be great to make new friends here. Count me in if there is any drink session. 36yo/ m