Singapore Expats

PR application appointment date

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 2:37 pm

ComingSoon wrote:
zzm9980 wrote:
Sergei82 wrote:I have very good particulars, thank you. ;)

The only flaws of mine are: not married with SGrean, don't have a son.
They may not be as good as you think.Go look at the recent Ang Mo couple making over $10k a month with a son even they were turned down. It was an American and a Georgian, he had patents, and worked in InfoSec (something MOM and the Gahmen says is in demand).
Is this a public story? Do you know of some search terms? Why on earth would the government not approve a couple like that?
http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic99379.html

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 2:40 pm

PrimroseHill wrote:have some patience.
It isn't all doom and gloom either. We got our PR and we have all the strikes against us as predicted by everyone here but we got it in the end, so there maybe light at the end of the tunnel 8-)
You did? What strikes are against you? You're Chinese Malaysian and make enough money to live in a landed house. You even integrate with the local cultural extremely well, I remember all of the threads where you wanted to find a way to import your car from the UK to Malaysia to avoid paying COE. :D

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 2:42 pm

Sergei82 wrote:Why I have to wait to apply longer than waiting for results - that is the question. WTH I'm supposed to do there other than bringing docs? And why I can't submit them online? Exercise to combat increasingly sedentary lifestyle in Singapore?
You have to go in because the initial impression of the person you meet with is likely a huge factor in your approval rates. If you bought my spreadsheet, you'd know this. I have a section where you upload a photo or attach your HotOrNot score to help fine tune the approval estimate percentage!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 6:50 pm

zzm, you're on a roll! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 9:10 am

Sunday night - lots of free slots. Changed for mid February. Perfect! No more changes allowed.

Other thing, there were like 10 appointment times (different throughout the day) available in that slot. So what does it mean? A whole gang of people cancelled their appointments at a time?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 12 Jan 2014 9:15 am

I have tried so many times, but I never see slots free up. Just now, I see there are slots open for tomorrow! What a waste, some people cancel just 1 day before.