Singapore Expats

MCE updates on the hour in the radio news....

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
Barnsley
Manager
Manager

MCE updates on the hour in the radio news....

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 4:05 pm

When will these stop?

Why is it even in the main news anyway?
Life is short, paddle harder!!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: MCE updates on the hour in the radio news....

Post by the lynx » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 4:22 pm

Barnsley wrote:When will these stop?

Definitely because LTA got hit really bad by angry drivers and taxi passengers since it was opened.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 4:42 pm

I haven't had the 'chance' to drive that direction yet and I suppose like many of us it will be another few weeks before we have a good enough excuse or reason to pass that way.......it will be months before the majority of people have an understanding of what's happening.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 5:07 pm

Took that twice, got stuck for at least 30 minutes both times.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: MCE updates on the hour in the radio news....

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 5:07 pm

the lynx wrote:
Barnsley wrote:When will these stop?

Definitely because LTA got hit really bad by angry drivers and taxi passengers since it was opened.
OK ... That must be why the news keeps.mentioning business in the no booze zone that got introduced.

:o
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 12:47 am

I'm wondering how much the jams are to do with bad signage vs. the general blur nature of many Singaporean drivers, a lot of whom seem to be pathologically incapable of noticing what's going on around them and reacting in an appropriate manner?
Be careful what you wish for

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 9:18 am

I'm trying to figure out what the point of the new road is - I don't live on the east side so maybe it was trying to solve a bottle neck, don't know. But what it's created is a much longer loop to get from the ECP to the AYE whereas before they just flowed together....came back from the airport the other day and swear it added an extra 20 min to the trip.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:53 am

movingtospore wrote:I'm trying to figure out what the point of the new road is - I don't live on the east side so maybe it was trying to solve a bottle neck, don't know. But what it's created is a much longer loop to get from the ECP to the AYE whereas before they just flowed together....came back from the airport the other day and swear it added an extra 20 min to the trip.
Reducing the congestion that forms in the morning west bound is probably a minor reason. The main reason is by moving the existing ECP they create about 7 hectares of prime building space.

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 9:57 pm

Haha! Now that makes sense.

ScoobyDoes
Manager
Manager

Post by ScoobyDoes » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 11:00 am

bgd wrote: Reducing the congestion that forms in the morning west bound is probably a minor reason. The main reason is by moving the existing ECP they create about 7 hectares of prime building space.

It is probably also part of the overall development plan for when the port at Tanjong Pagar and Keppel get closed and moved out West to Tuas.
'When Lewis Hamilton wins a race he has to thank Vodafone whereas in my day I used to chase the crumpet. I know which era I'd rather race in.'

SIR Stirling Moss OBE