Singapore Expats

:wave: hello from Singapore

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
Tanuki
Regular
Regular

Re: :wave: hello from Singapore

Post by Tanuki » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 1:54 pm

chris_pilgrim wrote: hi tanuki. er.. whereabout Robertson Quay ? :oops:

i've visited Sentosa and hanging around at Vivocity as these two places are closest to home. i might take a walk up Mount Faber tomorrow if i am in the mood :D
Robertson Quay is just upriver from Clarke Quay, minus the tourists. It's along Havelock Road. Really nice quiet area with loads of pubs and restaurants and you can bring your dog if you have one. :-)

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 1:55 pm

the lynx wrote:
chris_pilgrim wrote:
Tanuki wrote: Need to meet you over at Robertson Quay then. You'll forget about home!
hi tanuki. er.. whereabout Robertson Quay ? :oops:

i've visited Sentosa and hanging around at Vivocity as these two places are closest to home. i might take a walk up Mount Faber tomorrow if i am in the mood :D
If you're walking up Mt Faber, walk all the way through Henderson Waves, canopy walk etc (while taking in the view) until you reach Hort Park. From Hort Park, either take bus or walk and you will reach IKEA :P
Do they sell cheap meetballs again?

chris_pilgrim
Regular
Regular

Post by chris_pilgrim » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 1:59 pm

the lynx wrote:Yes Yuna.
haha.. too bad you're not Tidus :D
It is better to believe than to disbelieve. in doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:00 pm

Wd40 wrote:No Surprise, its usually the 1st week when you feel the most home sick and then you get so used to it that when you go home, you want to go back to Singapore ASAP :)
Analogy - from pretty homogeneous and non-so-cosmopolitic country years and years back I went to another country where everybody looks totally diffetent (South Korea - also mostly homogeneous, just a bit more foreigners than in Ukraine), even though I didn't miss my home, my thought were approximately like this: first 2 weeks - all women look extremely... "specific", 3rd week onwards - they are soooo pretty! :)

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:01 pm

chris_pilgrim wrote:
the lynx wrote:Yes Yuna.
haha.. too bad you're not Tidus :D
Well if I spray Lynx all over me, I'll be Tidus in your eyes.
x9200 wrote:Do they sell cheap meetballs again?
Hopefully without the horse meat special. It's Lunar New Year coming soon.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:07 pm

Horse meat is not the worst meat. Definitely its better than pork!

chris_pilgrim
Regular
Regular

Post by chris_pilgrim » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:07 pm

Tanuki wrote:
chris_pilgrim wrote: hi tanuki. er.. whereabout Robertson Quay ? :oops:

Robertson Quay is just upriver from Clarke Quay, minus the tourists. It's along Havelock Road. Really nice quiet area with loads of pubs and restaurants and you can bring your dog if you have one. :-)
@Tanuki. seriously a dog? .. i dont even have a pet plant in this apartment. but.. ah.. that reminds me. i can go to Ikea after my Mount Faber walk to buy some plants for the house :P
It is better to believe than to disbelieve. in doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:09 pm

chris_pilgrim wrote:
Where about are you staying Chris? I am over at Reflections.....

chris_pilgrim
Regular
Regular

Post by chris_pilgrim » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:20 pm

Fortan wrote:
chris_pilgrim wrote:
@ Fortan. over at Harbour View Towers :)

and Reflections.. is that the building that looks like Dubai's Burj Al Arab but with more of those pointy towers?

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 2:46 pm

chris_pilgrim wrote:
Fortan wrote:
chris_pilgrim wrote:
@ Fortan. over at Harbour View Towers :)

and Reflections.. is that the building that looks like Dubai's Burj Al Arab but with more of those pointy towers?
Yup, that's it. The one just at the Marina. I've been here for some years and then just gotten back here again after a few other countries. I'll be happy to show you around for a few beers sometime in February when I am back from a couple of business trips, if you are interested.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 4:22 pm

What do you miss about home? Maybe we can help you to find something to make it a bit easier!?

If all else fails, go to Orchard Towers....
nutnut

chris_pilgrim
Regular
Regular

Post by chris_pilgrim » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 5:15 pm

Fortan wrote:Yup, that's it. The one just at the Marina. I've been here for some years and then just gotten back here again after a few other countries. I'll be happy to show you around for a few beers sometime in February when I am back from a couple of business trips, if you are interested.
thanks for your offer. shall we take a rain check in Feb then? :)

chris_pilgrim
Regular
Regular

Post by chris_pilgrim » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 5:30 pm

nutnut wrote:What do you miss about home? Maybe we can help you to find something to make it a bit easier!?

If all else fails, go to Orchard Towers....
Aww thats so sweet of you.. it is not something tangible that i miss, oh well perhaps i am just being hormonal :oops:

Why Orchard Towers? What does Orchard Towers have that Vivo doesn't? ..

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 5:55 pm

chris_pilgrim wrote:Why Orchard Towers? What does Orchard Towers have that Vivo doesn't? ..
Hahaha - you're really new here! OT comes with the nickname "Four Floors of Whores" - specialized in Expat trade too!

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Fri, 10 Jan 2014 5:58 pm

beppi is giving away all our secrets for free!