Singapore Expats

Bad Experience at Cafe De Amigo

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
wonderul_29

Bad Experience at Cafe De Amigo

Post by wonderul_29 » Sat, 21 May 2005 3:18 pm

(recommendation at bottom of page)

I used to have a good impression of Café de Amigo until my wife and I had dinner there last nite. We went for OCBC 1-for-1 dinner set promotion.

The main course are usual stuff you get at normal western eateries; chicken chop, fish fillet, lasagna, spaghetti with stew pork. But the price is $39+++
In every course, there is a money top-up to change to have something else.

Though the food are not bad but for the type of food they served we felt we can get them at many other places at lower price.

Our first surprise came when we ordered our food. We were told that only 1 designated waiter can take order. We signaled to him and he walked away to the shop across the corridor, walked around and came back 5-10 minutes later to take our order. I decided to top-up $4 to have the lemon soufflé for dessert, the waiter said, “no cannot, we are too busy to do that”

Post by Guest » Sat, 21 May 2005 11:56 pm

This is Singapore, what do you expect! This can happen any place any time, just bad luck I guess.

Poopie

Post by Poopie » Mon, 23 May 2005 2:20 am

I won't be going to cafe Amigo anytime soon. Thanks for the warning.

Post by Guest » Mon, 23 May 2005 2:45 am

What do you mean by that? Just because this is Singapore, we expect BAD experience when dining? My god. Then for goodness sake, do what this nice chap has shared and spread the word around. At least there will be hope that their business would dwindle, maybe they will get wind of what went wrong and change for the better. Rather than doing nothing and saying, expect that and just let it be.
Anonymous wrote:This is Singapore, what do you expect! This can happen any place any time, just bad luck I guess.

VTYS

Singapore need to improve

Post by VTYS » Wed, 25 May 2005 4:42 pm

Yes, you are in Singapore, you cannot expect high standard of service from them. Singapore government did everything they can to sell Singapore brand to the world, but seems like those lives in Singapore do appreciate it.
I think Thailand do much better than here, you can everything you need in a cheaper price, better service etc.

Oldfox

Post by Oldfox » Thu, 26 May 2005 11:05 pm

Anonymous wrote:This is Singapore, what do you expect! This can happen any place any time, just bad luck I guess.
Be fair, bad services from service industries is all over the world. Not just in Singapore.

Thanks to all those sharing the bad experiences. Will avoid De Amigo.

meme

Post by meme » Fri, 27 May 2005 9:04 am

There is no excuse for bad service.

Bad service in the service industry is friggin unforgivable. You need my money and you need me to patronise your offering, for you to put food in your friggin mouth.

So why on earth would I accept or expect or understand or put up with, bad service?

Cafe de Amigo just lost me.

Missy

Post by Missy » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:53 am

i had a experience with them too.
We were a group of 10. 2 of my friends came earlier than expected & requested to order drinks while waiting for us. Guess what the waiter say? They are not allow to order drinks until all of us turn up!! They didnt even serve my friends some water. When some of us turn up later, we ask for some plain water..again their waiter just agreed but never serve.

As some of us were very hungry at that time, we requested to order our dinner first while waiting for the rest to turn up..but they said they would prefer to wait till all of us have turn up & take the order all at a go! :shock: Aren't we the customers? Aren't they supposed to give us their best service? :?:

If its not because of their famous Apple Pie which my friends strongly recommeneded, I won't even have gone there. The price was so expensive..their food aren't that great either.

It seems that this place have double standard..I see that the other tables who ordered wine & stuffs...have better service than to our table. This place is definitely not worth going..