Singapore Expats

PR application appointment date

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:04 pm

a colleague got his result in 2 months.. unsuccessful

see, you may not have to wait long for results

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:13 pm

Why I have to wait to apply longer than waiting for results - that is the question. WTH I'm supposed to do there other than bringing docs? And why I can't submit them online? Exercise to combat increasingly sedentary lifestyle in Singapore?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 9:20 am

Sergei82 wrote:Why I have to wait to apply longer than waiting for results - that is the question. WTH I'm supposed to do there other than bringing docs? And why I can't submit them online? Exercise to combat increasingly sedentary lifestyle in Singapore?
Sergei dear, this is how Singapore does it. If it is part of the requirement for you to appear yourself with the documents during the appointment date, that's what you have to do.

And if you can't wait, keep checking the PR website for last-minute free slots at nearer date. It works, really.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 9:38 am

Can I wear a diving mask and flippers when I arrive in MOM?

I will also paint my skin in green on such a festive occasion!

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 9:40 am

the lynx wrote:Sergei dear, this is how Singapore does it. If it is part of the requirement for you to appear yourself with the documents during the appointment date, that's what you have to do.

And if you can't wait, keep checking the PR website for last-minute free slots at nearer date. It works, really.
And this appear-in-person process eliminates the many possible agents who may submit on behalf of X Y or Z, ending up flooding the whole system .. and stop those applying 'just for the sake of being allowed to apply' .. see how many agents tout Canada, Australia, US .. etc. etc. ??
Sergei82 wrote:Why I have to wait to apply longer than waiting for results - that is the question. WTH I'm supposed to do there other than bringing docs? And why I can't submit them online? Exercise to combat increasingly sedentary lifestyle in Singapore?
well, look at the bright side: previously, you get a slot within 2 months, and then wait for 6 months to 9 months for a reply

Now, you get a slot 6 months later, and then, get an answer in 2 months or so, so it evens out ..

cheer up mate ..

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 9:42 am

Sergei82 wrote:Can I wear a diving mask and flippers when I arrive in MOM?

I will also paint my skin in green on such a festive occasion!
sorry, Red is prosperity here .. !!! Green .. not so auspicious, except for Muslims/Malays ..

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 9:52 am

Not if you are the incredible Hulk! :mrgreen: Couldn't resist using Mr. Green!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:18 am

have some patience.
It isn't all doom and gloom either. We got our PR and we have all the strikes against us as predicted by everyone here but we got it in the end, so there maybe light at the end of the tunnel 8-)

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:22 am

PrimroseHill wrote:have some patience.
It isn't all doom and gloom either. We got our PR and we have all the strikes against us as predicted by everyone here but we got it in the end, so there maybe light at the end of the tunnel 8-)
When did you get your PR? May be thats the most crucial part.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:26 am

Random thoughts... when I just came to Singapore, even Indonesian nannies were getting PRs left and right in no time...

PrimroseHill
Chatter
Chatter

Post by PrimroseHill » Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:48 am

Wd40 wrote:
PrimroseHill wrote:have some patience.
When did you get your PR? May be thats the most crucial part.
Applied for PR together with family Oct 201, after 8months of being here, and we got our PR after a wait of 5months, April 2013.

Sergei82
Editor
Editor

Post by Sergei82 » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 7:17 am

Checked Sat 7 am - sooo many slots r available. Changed eAppointment from mid July to mid April. Another close date was only next Monday - no way HR can fill the docs for me in one day with their bureaucracy! Will wait until something appears within 2 weeks from the current day.

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 8:56 am

Interesting actually why this happen. Is it so many people booking "just in case" and when the date come closer realizing they are not ready?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 9:42 am

Cold feet maybe?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sat, 11 Jan 2014 10:19 am

Imagine how many of them will do a no show, without cancelling. I am sure some of them will book a slot 6 months ahead and many of them may not even have a job here and would have left the country by then.

Those slots that you see becoming available is because they are changing their appointment to another date.