Singapore Expats

Singapore PR/Citizenship - Approval Chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 11:15 am

singapore4life wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:It's doubtful that she will be considered for PR until such time as they have been married a minimum of two or three years. If she has a child then at two years it's a possibility, but before that, especially if she's been passed over before, it's not going to happen.
Hi,

Thank you for the advice. My wife has recently delivered a baby boy and we are considering the following options, again with the wishes of settling our family here in Singapore (I'm a SPR and my wife is on EP and both of use have stayed here for close to 9 years. We have married for 1.5 years)

(1) Apply PR for whole family: Would the possibility of my boy serving NS increase any chances for my wife and him to get PRs? I am myself have been a PR for 4 years. My wife has got rejected for PR recently in Nov'13.

(2) Apply PR for only my son: We are not sure whether this would increase our changes for our son to get a PR since my wife application was rejected recently.

(3) Apply Citizenship for myself and my son together: Wonder whether this is a possibility

Other than the above options, do you recommend what would be the best options for us here? Ultimately, we want all our family members to be converted into Singaporean.
I'm no expert but my opinion to wait maybe a year or two at least, and then do (1). I wouldn't think (2) and (3) are good choices, to fragment the family unit will raise questions.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 12:48 pm

^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singapore4life

Post by singapore4life » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 3:15 pm

[quote="sundaymorningstaple"]^This.[/quote]

Thanks both for your advice. Would like to check if that is any harm to apply now and if got reject try again 2 years down the road

In addition, would that be any realistic desired salary range to increase our chance for PR / Citizenship

Beeroclock
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Beeroclock » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 5:21 pm

1) They might get annoyed it's too soon after the Nov'13 rejection for your wife's last PR. 2) The climate is still tough now for approval. 3) You must have your hands full with a newborn and 4) wasted application fees. I really don't see any rationale for you to apply now, unless you/wife's EP are ending imminently and you're worried about that. If not just be patient and demonstrate you are here for long-term by leaving a bit of a gap in between the applications.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 08 Jan 2014 10:30 pm

I concur.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers