Singapore Expats

survey on tourism patterns among expats in Singapore

Post here for survey, questionnaire or poll for our expat members.
dsadsa10

survey on tourism patterns among expats in Singapore

Post by dsadsa10 » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 5:54 pm

hi everyone - I am a student at MDIS doing a degree in Tourism from the University of Sunderland. The topic of my major project is tourism patterns among the expat community in Singapore.

Would you mind taking a few minutes to do this survey which I need for my project? It's quick and easy and anonymous.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Sunderla ... rismSurvey

I'll post the results in due course - it may be interesting!

Thanks for everyone's help!

Simon

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 8:44 pm

You have a lot of redundancy in your survey striking even more because the survey is short. Also it looks extremely basic and lacking any novelty.

dsadsa10

help needed with survey on expat holiday choices

Post by dsadsa10 » Mon, 06 Jan 2014 7:04 pm

Thanks for your comments, but in fact the wording of the survey has been vetted and approved by my lecturers. And no study has previously been done of the holiday choices of expats living in Singapore. It only takes a couple of minutes, and is completely anonymous, so I'd be really grateful if people visiting this forum helped out. I'm working hard for this BSc and just need this data for my final project.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 3:10 am

We're not interested in doing surveys for free and we are quite good at pointing out the flaws in badly designed surveys. Go away if you don't like what we think.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 6:52 am

It's interesting that the OP's mantra these days is "The FT are taking away our jobs" but now the OP wants us to take his job and do his thesis for him. :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 8:28 am

x9200 wrote:You have a lot of redundancy in your survey striking even more because the survey is short. Also it looks extremely basic and lacking any novelty.
I concur.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Strong Eagle
Answers: 10

Re: help needed with survey on expat holiday choices

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:19 am

dsadsa10 wrote:Thanks for your comments, but in fact the wording of the survey has been vetted and approved by my lecturers. And no study has previously been done of the holiday choices of expats living in Singapore. It only takes a couple of minutes, and is completely anonymous, so I'd be really grateful if people visiting this forum helped out. I'm working hard for this BSc and just need this data for my final project.
Here's a clue... just because the wording "has been vetted and approved by my lecturers" doesn't mean it is worth sh*t. It may well mean you have sh*tty lecturers. It is a poor survey... you should really account for opinions other than your lecturers... who seem to be divorced from reality.