Singapore Expats

where to buy wood fired oven in singapore?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Jkwek

where to buy wood fired oven in singapore?

Post by Jkwek » Sat, 07 Dec 2013 3:29 pm

Hi Friends,

Just wondering if any of you would have had bought one in Singapore before?

My hubby and i love hosting parties and we have been to an Australian friends' place which had a beautiful oven and the food was simply magnificent. thus, thinking of getting one for ourselves in sg.

Been searching abit in the stores in SG but couldn't seem to find any.

Anyone able to advise if you had bought one previously or know of a place to buy? How is the experience? How much does it cost?

Thank you!

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 4:45 pm

In case the above post in NOT a joke:
Unless your accommodation is a pre-war house with unrenovated kitchen, it will NOT have a chimney - and without one, wood-firing becomes impractical/unhealthy/illegal. I also doubt very much that any such stove is sold in Singapore.

Jkwek

Post by Jkwek » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 2:12 am

just wanted to share!

redacted

apparently these need not be installed in houses with chimneys as beppi mentioned. Its pretty mobile with wheels and they weigh very light. I have placed mine in my garden and (less those rainy days) we have fired it up and hosted a few pizza parties. Am loving this new oven and already trying to cook more food in it! Time to get a wood fired oven cooking receipe book i guess!

any one up for a pizza party soon? :)

anyway, thanks for the inputs guys!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 6:58 am

tic...toc...tic...toc.....

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers