Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
vaingirl101

Post by vaingirl101 » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 10:40 am

DreamCatcher wrote:
pgbunny wrote:
vaingirl101 wrote:Hey ladies, went for the 23rd November interview, passed and went on to the 24th Nov interview. Got into Kebaya round but is placed on KIV list due to my coloured hair and ONE pimple scar. The lady said that they will email me with a date to come back for review.

Anyone in the same boat??

Hopefully they'll get back to me with a review date. :(
Hello! I was in the same boat as you, Interview on 5 oct, but KIV during the kebaya round on the following day! I Have since cleared all & awaiting training! As long as you improve on the areas mentioned to you, you'll have a good chance!:)

They will send you an email about 2 weeks before the review date (Usually its on a Sunday, one day after the Cabin crew interview date posted on the website).

Hello there!

I am under review as well for weight issues. Have you gotten a review date? I am waiting for mine till now. =(
Hey dreamcatcher!

They emailed me 2 weeks after the 23rd Nov interview. My review date is this coming Sunday. I suggest you give them a call? No harm trying since next interview is this Saturday.

DreamCatcher

Post by DreamCatcher » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 12:58 pm

vaingirl101 wrote:
DreamCatcher wrote:
pgbunny wrote: Hello! I was in the same boat as you, Interview on 5 oct, but KIV during the kebaya round on the following day! I Have since cleared all & awaiting training! As long as you improve on the areas mentioned to you, you'll have a good chance!:)

They will send you an email about 2 weeks before the review date (Usually its on a Sunday, one day after the Cabin crew interview date posted on the website).

Hello there!

I am under review as well for weight issues. Have you gotten a review date? I am waiting for mine till now. =(

Hey dreamcatcher!

They emailed me 2 weeks after the 23rd Nov interview. My review date is this coming Sunday. I suggest you give them a call? No harm trying since next interview is this Saturday.[/quot

@Vaingirl. Hello, thank you so much for replying. I did call vut unable to get through and also emailed ready? Mind telling ur singaporean? Maybe mine is weight issue so is slighlty longer? :(

vaingirl101

Post by vaingirl101 » Mon, 30 Dec 2013 1:15 pm

DreamCatcher wrote:
vaingirl101 wrote:
DreamCatcher wrote:
Hello there!

Hey dreamcatcher!

They emailed me 2 weeks after the 23rd Nov interview. My review date is this coming Sunday. I suggest you give them a call? No harm trying since next interview is this Saturday.[/quot

@Vaingirl. Hello, thank you so much for replying. I did call vut unable to get through and also emailed ready? Mind telling ur singaporean? Maybe mine is weight issue so is slighlty longer? :(
Yea, im singaporean. Don't be disheartened. They will call you im sure. I read the thread and saw some people mentioning getting called down for review 3 days before the interview date. Meantime, try getting in touch with them.

stewardwannabesia

Post by stewardwannabesia » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 1:20 am

mimime wrote:
stewardwannabesia wrote:@mimime

Have you heard from them yet? I still haven't heard from them yet and another interview is coming =O
Hello there! I am still waiting too :( the wait is killing me.. Now it makes me wonder if my rejection letter got lost in the mail or something..
I got my letter in the mail today, don't know if i wanna try again this saturday. Wish you all the best and i hope you get the call

strawberrieshortcake

Re: Is 30yr old too old to try out SIA?

Post by strawberrieshortcake » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 2:01 am

missyu wrote:
PinkShugar wrote:
I hav turned 30yrs old dis year. Im very surprised to noe dat a 30-yr old candidate managed to go thru d 1st round. Like everyone else here, its my biggest dream to be an SQ crew, but unfortunately i only attempted to enter SIA last yr at d late age of 29. Needless to say, im very certain i got booted out due to my age... :cry:

missyu, can u plz describe to me abt d lucky 30yr old candidate in ur grup whu succeeded d 1st round? Wad makes her stood out in ur opinion? Such as Attractive physical appearance/ working background/ outspoken or laidback / speaks alot or juz briefly/ race/ height/ etc?? N why U tink d other 30yr old girl failed? To be honest, i kinda hav given up on trying out for SQ after failing 1st round few times... :-|

Can any kind souls enlightened me... Is d cut off age is rilly 28?? missyu, i will apprec it so much for answering my abv ques... Coz i dunno if i shud even remain HOPEFUL... Btw, i recently bcum a cabin crew for an international low-cost airline... Feeling grateful for bein accptd at d age of 30, bt unfortunately my dream airline is still SQ...

Hope to get any feedbcks... Thks in advc!!!
Hi, I've PMed you :)

Hi missyu, can u pm me as well? I'm currently in the same situation as Pinkshugar. Wondering if I should even try for the interview anot... :(

missyu

Re: Is 30yr old too old to try out SIA?

Post by missyu » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 2:12 am

strawberrieshortcake wrote:
missyu wrote:
PinkShugar wrote:
I hav turned 30yrs old dis year. Im very surprised to noe dat a 30-yr old candidate managed to go thru d 1st round. Like everyone else here, its my biggest dream to be an SQ crew, but unfortunately i only attempted to enter SIA last yr at d late age of 29. Needless to say, im very certain i got booted out due to my age... :cry:

missyu, can u plz describe to me abt d lucky 30yr old candidate in ur grup whu succeeded d 1st round? Wad makes her stood out in ur opinion? Such as Attractive physical appearance/ working background/ outspoken or laidback / speaks alot or juz briefly/ race/ height/ etc?? N why U tink d other 30yr old girl failed? To be honest, i kinda hav given up on trying out for SQ after failing 1st round few times... :-|

Can any kind souls enlightened me... Is d cut off age is rilly 28?? missyu, i will apprec it so much for answering my abv ques... Coz i dunno if i shud even remain HOPEFUL... Btw, i recently bcum a cabin crew for an international low-cost airline... Feeling grateful for bein accptd at d age of 30, bt unfortunately my dream airline is still SQ...

Hope to get any feedbcks... Thks in advc!!!
Hi, I've PMed you :)

Hi missyu, can u pm me as well? I'm currently in the same situation as Pinkshugar. Wondering if I should even try for the interview anot... :(
Hi strawberryshortcake, I've PMed you! Maybe we can go together for the upcoming interview this Saturday? :)

mimime

Post by mimime » Tue, 31 Dec 2013 10:38 am

stewardwannabesia wrote:
mimime wrote:

Have you heard from them yet? I still haven't heard from them yet and another interview is coming =O
Hello there! I am still waiting too :( the wait is killing me.. Now it makes me wonder if my rejection letter got lost in the mail or something..
I got my letter in the mail today, don't know if i wanna try again this saturday. Wish you all the best and i hope you get the call
Oh dear! I thought after so long no letter should be safe? Now I am so scared now.. :'( By the way, don't give up! Try again :)

gigiq

Post by gigiq » Thu, 02 Jan 2014 5:25 pm

Hey guys do you know the reach test do we have to touch with hands or one will do?

mimime

Post by mimime » Thu, 02 Jan 2014 6:07 pm

gigiq wrote:Hey guys do you know the reach test do we have to touch with hands or one will do?
With both hands :)

yoyobin
Regular
Regular

Post by yoyobin » Fri, 03 Jan 2014 7:18 pm

stewardwannabesia wrote:
mimime wrote:

Oh my, don't give up!!! Did you declare anything?surgery etc??

DreamCatcher

Post by DreamCatcher » Sat, 04 Jan 2014 3:35 pm

kissmythrone wrote:
mimipan wrote:
kissmythrone wrote: hello mimipan! have you got the email for the review yet? cause i haven't! :(
Hey Kissmythrone! i've received a phone call from them to check on my weight loss progress like a week or two prior to the review email sent to me on last wed (20/3).

u were in which walk in? jan or march? im from the jan 26 walk in btw..
hello!
oh! i went for the march walk in!!
hopefully they'll call or email me soon!
Hello there! I went for the 23rd Nov 2013 interview and was told to lose weight as well about 3-4 kgs. I have been waiting for the email but no email received. How has it been for you all? I was told review in January most likely but new rounds of interview has been conducted. I feel so lost. Mind sharing. Thank You.

Thinkofme

Post by Thinkofme » Sat, 04 Jan 2014 4:14 pm

DreamCatcher wrote:
kissmythrone wrote:
mimipan wrote: Hey Kissmythrone! i've received a phone call from them to check on my weight loss progress like a week or two prior to the review email sent to me on last wed (20/3).

u were in which walk in? jan or march? im from the jan 26 walk in btw..
hello!
oh! i went for the march walk in!!
hopefully they'll call or email me soon!
Hello there! I went for the 23rd Nov 2013 interview and was told to lose weight as well about 3-4 kgs. I have been waiting for the email but no email received. How has it been for you all? I was told review in January most likely but new rounds of interview has been conducted. I feel so lost. Mind sharing. Thank You.
Hey Dreamcatcher! May I know what is your height and weight if you don't mind? Or your Bmi? I'm afraid that they will ask me to shed some kgs too :( please help! Thanks dear!!!!

pastapasta

Post by pastapasta » Sun, 05 Jan 2014 11:14 am

I failed management for the second time. Do you guys think I should enlist the help of bohtong for the 1 to 1 session or just give up?

Thanks.

DreamCatcher

Post by DreamCatcher » Sun, 05 Jan 2014 2:25 pm

mimisue wrote:
KIV-Boy wrote:May I know where you went for your interview? As far as I know, the previous walk-in interview was on the 9th of March. Just wondering if I should be expecting my review interview email as well.

Hi guys!

Well I'm from Republic Poly and I was wondering why I still haven't receive the review email yet.

I went for a walk in interview at my school and got through all 3 rounds(which is the group of 10 answering 1 question, 1-1 interview, and kebaya round). I was told to take better care of my skin cos my forehead was cluttered with little pimples(prolly cos of fyp haha). And told me to lose weight to below 50kg. Sounds really difficult to achieve cos I weighed about 55kg. I'm 163cm tall btw.

Then they emailed me to come on the 10th March 2013 for the final round and I did. I got through the management round smoothly and then came the kebaya round.

When I tried on the kebaya(for the second time of my life), the same lady who checked me during the first kebaya round told me my skin was better but told me that I still needed to lose weight cos I weigh 54kg that day. And then she said that I'll be put on their review list and will email me again on which date to come down to STC in April.

The problem is, I STILL haven't receive any email/call/letters. Should I be worried? :(

Are they waiting for me to get my final school results or something? Cos I'll only get my results on the 4th of April. Someone enlighten me please. Worried sue here :(

Thanks all!
@Mimisue. Hello there, am also in the same situation as you above. Just want to chevk how has it been for you? I went on 23 Nov 2013 interview and was told to lose weight as well abput 3-4 kgs. There was just an interview on 4th Jan 2014 and I didnt get any email for the review date. Am so worried and lost on what to do. I did try to email as well but no replies. =(. Please do advise if you know anything. T_T

teenagedirtbag

SIA cabin crew

Post by teenagedirtbag » Tue, 07 Jan 2014 1:50 am

Hi guys im new here.
Does anyone knows if SIA bans candidates for trying for the interview?
I've heard that if you're banned you'll get booted out in the first round every time u try :???: