Singapore Expats

friendly place stay for vacations in Sydney and g.cost?

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
divyani

friendly place stay for vacations in Sydney and g.cost?

Post by divyani » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:45 am

Hi Guys..

Does anyone know about which area is gud (Freindly place) for couples in sydney and GC. for Vacations...in reasonable/cheapest price....and can suggest about any fares or which websites is gud for bookings

Tnks :)

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 11:56 am

Sydney is expensive like crazy! I couldnt find anything decent under $100 a day. Even $100 a day are like dormitories.

Finally decided to stay with my cousin.

In a way I am happy, I am doing this vacation to Sydney, after coming backing suddenly everything in Singapore will look cheap like dirt.

divyani

Post by divyani » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 12:50 pm

Wd40 wrote:Sydney is expensive like crazy! I couldnt find anything decent under $100 a day. Even $100 a day are like dormitories.

Finally decided to stay with my cousin.

In a way I am happy, I am doing this vacation to Sydney, after coming backing suddenly everything in Singapore will look cheap like dirt.

Thanks for your reply...hwz ur trip? and ven did u visit?

Haha ...ya understand its a bit expensive actually...but v dnt have any options except hotels.....that's why i want to know which is better place to stay where i can get a bit reasonable price ...not under 100 bt atleast in between 100-180 ....sometimes like lastminute .com websites v cn get a bit cheaper...so if you know any hotels which is worth to stay den plz do let me know

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 2:03 pm

We will be travelling in Feb. I looked at Hotels.com and Agoda.com, in Oct itself and already prices were so high and many hotels were full. Better dont wait till last minute and book as soon as possible or else you will end up with something bad and pay a crazy price for it.

Look for reviews in Tripadvisor and also important thing is location. If you strictly want indian food, look for location close to an Indian restaurant.

divyani

Post by divyani » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 4:02 pm

Wd40 wrote:We will be travelling in Feb. I looked at Hotels.com and Agoda.com, in Oct itself and already prices were so high and many hotels were full. Better dont wait till last minute and book as soon as possible or else you will end up with something bad and pay a crazy price for it.

Look for reviews in Tripadvisor and also important thing is location. If you strictly want indian food, look for location close to an Indian restaurant.

yeah confusing about location actually :)
ok thanks i ll note it...

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 5:44 pm

Why would you go thousands of kilometers to a new place only to eat the same food you eat back home? Try the local food; if being vegetarian is a concern, there are plenty of vegetarian fare in the metropolitan areas.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 6:16 pm

You will be surprised how much Indians are attached with their food. Atleast I have ventured out and tried Singaporean food, that tastes like Indian, for eg Mee Goreng, Bee Hoon etc. I know what Nasi and Mee mean.

My Indian colleagues who have lived here for ages, dont know what any of those terms mean nor how they taste like

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Thu, 26 Dec 2013 6:24 pm

Wd40 wrote:You will be surprised how much Indians are attached with their food.
I'm not surprised. I saw an article somewhere some years ago when they said Indians made the worst tourists; one of the reasons was they insist on having Indian food wherever they go. Year after year, it's a toss up among the Chinese, Indians and Americans, at least when it comes to food.

It's like Chinese tour groups eating in Chinese restaurants in Paris or Americans looking for fast food everywhere.

But I digress.

Plenty of food options: vegetarian, vegan, halal, kosher, gluten-free, organic, free-range, grease-laden. Australian cities attract plenty of tourists and immigrants so there's a bit of everything from everywhere.

And add this to your list of resources: booking.com
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

divyani

Post by divyani » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 9:57 am

nakatago wrote:Why would you go thousands of kilometers to a new place only to eat the same food you eat back home? Try the local food; if being vegetarian is a concern, there are plenty of vegetarian fare in the metropolitan areas.

Hi ,

i thnk u gt misunderstood ....obviously m not going for eating food specially in Aussie :shock:

ll going for enjoying our vacation with lots of adventure n fun n beaches..

Wd40
Director
Director

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 27 Dec 2013 12:51 pm

nakatago wrote:
Wd40 wrote:You will be surprised how much Indians are attached with their food.
I'm not surprised. I saw an article somewhere some years ago when they said Indians made the worst tourists; one of the reasons was they insist on having Indian food wherever they go. Year after year, it's a toss up among the Chinese, Indians and Americans, at least when it comes to food.

It's like Chinese tour groups eating in Chinese restaurants in Paris or Americans looking for fast food everywhere.

But I digress.

Plenty of food options: vegetarian, vegan, halal, kosher, gluten-free, organic, free-range, grease-laden. Australian cities attract plenty of tourists and immigrants so there's a bit of everything from everywhere.

And add this to your list of resources: booking.com
In case of Indians its not just the veg/non veg issue. There are plenty of Indians that eat fish, chicken and egg. However, Indian taste buds have been completely modified because our food always has so much of spices that all other cuisines taste "yuck" to us. Completely bland or tasteless. I had been to the US in 2004 and at that time I used to be quite adventurous and tried all kinds of their food, but I couldnt take more than 2 spoons. Also we overcook our food a lot, I remember trying turkey when in US during thanksgiving time and it felt like raw to me.

I mean I know Filipinos in my office who just cant take even a bit of spicy food. They will be running for water, their face turns red. For us the spice in the food is like a must, bare minimum.So you can imagine the definition of food is completely different for us. One mans food another man's poison, literally.