Singapore Expats

Where to buy valve adapter for US gas grill

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
Kendo

Where to buy valve adapter for US gas grill

Post by Kendo » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 4:09 pm

I have a gas grill purchased in the United States, but the valve to attach to the gas tank isn't the right size to fit the gas tanks sold here. Anyone know where I can buy a valve adapter? I asked the company that supplies that gas tanks and it wants to charge me S$100 for the pleasure of doing it, which irks me to no end since the adapter is probably only worth S$10. Or do I have no choice? Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 26 Nov 2013 5:43 pm

Just cut the valve off the hose and buy a local regulator for the tank end of the hose. $60 and $1.50 for the circle clamp. Simples
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Thu, 12 Dec 2013 5:54 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Just cut the valve off the hose and buy a local regulator for the tank end of the hose. $60 and $1.50 for the circle clamp. Simples
Nice to see you're still giving useful advice SMS! I did this for our portable Weber a week or so after moving to Singapore and if I remember correctly you advised me. :D
Pakjohn

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 12 Dec 2013 6:45 am

'twas either SE or me. :lol:

Hey stranger, where you been! Long time since you popped in here. How's fishin'?
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Where to buy valve adapter for US gas grill

Post by JR8 » Thu, 12 Dec 2013 8:47 am

Kendo wrote:I have a gas grill purchased in the United States, but the valve to attach to the gas tank isn't the right size to fit the gas tanks sold here. Anyone know where I can buy a valve adapter?
If it is something like a Weber, you see here that a hose (local spec) is S$99.
http://www.cookaburra.com.sg/bbq-accessories/page/4/

You could call the above people and enquire if there is an adaptor, rather than an entire new hose. Or go to 'Handyman Centre', @Shaw Centre, Scotts Road and ask. Or perhaps you could contact them via their Facebook page ... https://www.facebook.com/HandymanCentre

pakjohn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by pakjohn » Wed, 25 Dec 2013 5:55 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:'twas either SE or me. :lol:

Hey stranger, where you been! Long time since you popped in here. How's fishin'?
Absolutely perfect, striped bass are moving inland now and will hit anything on the surface dawn and again at dusk.

I lurk quite a bit, never post because I'm not a very good resource for information about Singapore. I leave that to the experts like you!
Pakjohn

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Dec 2013 10:08 am

Well, I'm not a fisherman really (except with a speargun), but I'd sure like to be back right now as it's duck & Goose season! Have a Merry Christmas & and Happy New Year. (I'm allowed to say that here as we don't have a PC problem! :-)