Singapore Expats

first time MAC user

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 4:03 pm

My feeling is that Mac is actually made too easy and this compromises better structuring and more systematic approach to the user space. It is like 1D cabinet where everything is thrown to a single drawer with no apparent logic behind. Sure this makes it all more easy for a newbie but creates problems for a bit more advanced user who wants more customizable solution.
The same approach, but much more severe I see with iOS.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 14 Nov 2013 10:41 pm

^^^^^^^^ +1

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 15 Nov 2013 8:02 am

I got my first MacBook Pro about 2 years ago. At first I couldn't figure it out but it grew on me and it still does. I absolutely love it. The best thing I have ever done was to move away from my windows laptop. I am not and never will be an advanced user. When people talk about Linux and stuff like that, I have no idea what to say. I just need a portable machine that works and the Mac works. It ALWAYS works. I have had NO problems with it for two years. No blue screens, it doesn't freeze up, it doesn't crash. Software just works. The only thing that annoys me know is when I put it down after checking my personal emails in the mornings, knowing I have to go to the office and continue working on the piece of shot Dell I have there.

Fortan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Fortan » Fri, 15 Nov 2013 8:04 am

I forgot to add one of the most important features: The track pad. It takes a while to get used to but once you do, it is just sooooo much better than anything you can get on a conventional pc. It has saved me from many tension headaches.

kookaburrah
Regular
Regular

Post by kookaburrah » Fri, 15 Nov 2013 9:38 am

^^^^^^^^+1

I still have not forgotten the regular all-night-bring-your-pc-let's-all-format-and-reinstall-windows parties I had during university.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:01 am

My daughters keep telling me the same thing, namely that I ought to ditch my old 20th century Windows machines in favour of a Mac. Certainly my duties as 'family IT support operative' diminshed substantially after they got theirs.

I reckon I'm gonna get me one of those MacWheel thangs...

Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard

The agile aardvark arrived by airmail :cool:
Be careful what you wish for

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 15 Nov 2013 11:10 am

OK, just one more Onion clip.

In The Know: Should The Nation's Unemployed Be Buying New Apple Computers?

Oh yes Mr. Jobs, Whatever you say Mr. Jobs... :D
Be careful what you wish for

jocox

Post by jocox » Tue, 24 Dec 2013 5:34 am

I had a PC and then i had a MAC and very long accustomed. I recommend reading more tutorials