Singapore Expats

In UK's hour of need, he shot down 21 Nazi planes. Now......

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

In UK's hour of need, he shot down 21 Nazi planes. Now......

Post by the lynx » Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:21 am

...in HIS hour of need, World War II hero has to sell his medals to pay for care

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -fees.html

(Looking at the list of the medals he's got, he certainly looked like a well-decorated war hero. I thought UK has a very good benefit system, no?)

Cue for JR8, Mi Amigo and Primrose Hill in 3, 2, 1...

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Mon, 23 Dec 2013 11:42 am

Start reading the Daily Mail and this is the kind of thing you'll see, biased rubbish journalism.

Of course he's a hero, I have no doubt, so was my grandfather who served his nation during the war, so were most able bodied men of those days. When you personalize the story it somehow makes it more "wrong" that he has to pay for the services of a private home in the UK? My grandfather did when he was a similar age, his War Pension and Company Pension paid for most of it, had he lived longer we may have had to sell his house to pay too. Maybe I should have called the Daily Fail at that time and made a stink about it?

The issue is, we don't know all sides of the story and the DM will never tell you that.

Sad, but, at least he has something to sell to see him right, many pensioners in the UK die because they don't have that.
nutnut

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 23 Dec 2013 2:30 pm

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
'Daily Mail [aka Wail] - headline generator'

Keep clicking Refresh, you'll soon get the idea...