Singapore Expats

haircut for men

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
naanwar

haircut for men

Post by naanwar » Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:17 am

15 years ago, I moved to St.Louis, USA. Walked into Great Clips (a chain) and requested "Simple haircut. Short in the sides and back, trim the top, and blend." The lady pulled out a picture and said "like this?". I said "YES!". It was a picture of Tom Cruise in Top Gun. The haircut is called TCTG in that particular salon. I have been going to the same salon and never had to explain my hair cut again.

I moved to Singapore a month ago and would like a similar haircut.

do you know a stylist who would get the description? If so can you recommend?

I am not planning to print and take a picture and look silly.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: haircut for men

Post by the lynx » Mon, 29 Jul 2013 11:20 am

naanwar wrote:I am not planning to print and take a picture and look silly.
In the hairdressing world, they'd rather have a picture for them to refer to, than to let their customers coming out of their salons looking sillier after botched hair cuts.

Picture speaks thousands of words. Bring one. They will appreciate it very much.

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Mon, 29 Jul 2013 12:08 pm

PM everybody's favorite moderator, Sunday Morning Staple. I'm sure he'll have a good recommendation for you.
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

stevetheosteo

Post by stevetheosteo » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 3:48 pm

This is an old thread but no need to start my own - can anyone recommend a barber?

I did have an OK cut a few weeks back but it's just too fussy for me to bother to make it look good. I just want short back n sides and enough left on top for me to scruff up and go

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 3:56 pm

Just walk all over Geylang and you will find barber willing to give male haircut for only SGD5. They are in every street.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 4:22 pm

the lynx wrote:Just walk all over Geylang and you will find barber willing to give male haircut for only SGD5. They are in every street.
Still? I thought they'd all gone up to $8 now.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

bloodhound123
Regular
Regular

Post by bloodhound123 » Tue, 19 Nov 2013 6:53 pm

Several shops in little india/tekka market area who do $5 still. For basic haircuts they are good enough. And as always one should avoid saturday nights - Sunday night time zone.

Laurence

Post by Laurence » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 11:15 pm

If you live east coast there is a very good cheap guy I found at tau hong Barbour in Roxie's, east coast road. I gave the same description and its spot on. There are lots of guys in there but the one that is good is a local guy called Jonas. Pm if if you want help finding it as I have the card somewhere. I went back again and used someone e,se and it was not as good- Jonas is v.good.

I just moved here three months ago, how you finding it?

proxymoron
Regular
Regular

Post by proxymoron » Fri, 20 Dec 2013 5:00 pm

Laurence wrote:If you live east coast there is a very good cheap guy I found at tau hong Barbour in Roxie's, east coast road. I gave the same description and its spot on. There are lots of guys in there but the one that is good is a local guy called Jonas. Pm if if you want help finding it as I have the card somewhere. I went back again and used someone e,se and it was not as good- Jonas is v.good.

I just moved here three months ago, how you finding it?
+1 to this

Roxy Square is full of saloons. Starting from $10 (for less fancier one) to "god & girls know how much". If you live in that area, it is a good place to get a nice haircut.
Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Fri, 20 Dec 2013 5:19 pm

QB House - $12

Failing that, get some clippers and do an "SMS"
nutnut