Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
becky

Post by becky » Tue, 31 May 2005 6:59 pm

KittyKat wrote:
becky wrote:
Rach wrote:Hi this is Rachel, back here again!

Referrring to the previous messages on SIA maternity leave for thier female cabin crew, ground jobs, and flying mothers.

Just want to confirm with you guys that, yes, SIA do provide maternity leave for girls who are married and pregnant. My colleague got pregnant last year, went for a maternity, of course she is paid during the 3 months, and back to work again this year. And in my team, there are already 2 flying mothers.

So...flying may not be a long time career, but i must say, as long as u maintain your figure & look, you can fly for as long as you like. Just like our Chief Stewardess, she is already 42, then again, she dont look at 42 but mid 30s. Still looking good & gorgeous!

So girls who are keen and dream to be with SIA as thier Stewardess.. dream no more! Put it into action.

Heard that after the recruitment exercise for Indian Stewardess this round, SIA will be recruiting Local Stewardess again in late June or early July. This news is gotten from my collegue's husband, who is working in the HR department of SIA Training Centre. So think should be rather accurate!

Keep a look out for the recruitment Girls!

Hope to you more of you on flights!

:)
Hi Rachel, Is it true wot you were saying? I mean they are gonna recruit again in June or July? I do certainly hope so...........I missed April intake due to some reasons and I was considering whether to apply or not because am supposed to go to Melbourne for my BA and supposed to join my bf, who is scottish, over there.........I do hope they have July intake because been waiting for it to happen..........Next recruitment would be for Singaporeans or Malaysians? Thanks
Hi Rach & Becky..
Wonderin when they will recruit Indonesian stewardesses? I missed the last iApril intake too, Becky! Oh, so sad...I'll be 25 y.o in June, do you think I still stand a chance? Thanks so much for sharing, girls!!
Hey KittyKat, I wonder where are you living in now? You live in Indonesia? I have a Indonesian friend, best friend, she wants to apply too but she also missed the April intake. Since living in Malaysia, I think it's ok if you're Indonesian but living in malaysia to apply for "Malaysian Stewardess" rather than "Indonesian Stewardess"? coz the Indonesian round was being conducted in Indonesia. They even ask you in the online application form where you wanna be interviewed.......we'll try again in late June or July(if there's one) :)

becky

contact lenses?

Post by becky » Tue, 31 May 2005 7:39 pm

Hey, I wonder if SIA allow contact lenses? Been a worry of mine coz I wear them and what is "perfect vision" about? I noticed from the SIA cabin crew recruitment page for "Malaysian Stewardess" states that one must have "perfect vision" while for "Indonesian Stewardess", it states "perfect vision(not colour blind)"...........wot does it mean? Does perfect vision means you cannot be colour blind? or does it means you must have 20/20 vision even without glasses or contact lenses? Without contact lenses I still can see(but not very clear).....thanks

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Tue, 31 May 2005 8:18 pm

Vien wrote:Thanx Jayme, seems dat the emirates interview really interesting hehe.. i just wondering whether your interview is a walk in interview or ....? actually im not singaporean, ^^.. im indonesia chinese. and really keen to be a flight stewardess. :P. SIA has rejected me because i havent finished my Bachelor Degree hehe.. but of course being rejected didnt make me down thus i stil searching for the opportunity and i found dat emirates is open for indonesia citizen too.. it said there will be an open day in Bali.. oh what a gorgeous place they choosed hehe.. is open day is a walk in interview or?? and guyz i want to know is SIA really do recruiting by walk in interview??? plz help me.. i just want to know if i still stand a chance or not to become a prestigious SIA team :).

thx..:)

-vien-
hey vien, from what i know emirates only conducts walk ins... i detailed the emirates interview step by step a few pages ago... i should think that the one in bali will be about the same?? its mainly discussion groups... i should think that as long as u are proactive, u will stand a good chance. also, for the first round they teng to asl political/economis/sociological sort of questions. a few that i heard were "if u were the singapore prime minister, what are 5 laws you would change and y" so READ up to prepare yourself... good luck!! :D

jaymee

Post by jaymee » Tue, 31 May 2005 8:20 pm

sorry, vien... a few typo errors in my last msg... hope u get what im trying to say, hehe

Post by Guest » Tue, 31 May 2005 9:39 pm

Im thinking of going for the interview tml....anyone wants to go together??leave ur email add!!

wenqing

Post by wenqing » Tue, 31 May 2005 11:38 pm

long island wrote:so who is back from silkair recruitment?tell us about it!
hi.. today i juz went for silkair interview...we went in the ballroom and sit ard the table...first..we do self introduction ,then read one short message..then they wont tell us the result about the interview...this is the onli differ from SIA and emirates..haha..they say will inform us within one week....hope this can help u ...good luck :D

Stewardwannabe

SIA interview

Post by Stewardwannabe » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:11 am

Hi, I heard from someone working in SIA that from the last interview (April), the number of stewards intake was not sufficient ( ard 20-30 ), is this true ?
I heard that SIA is in need of stewards now.
When will the next intake of stewards be ? Is it Jun/Jul ?

Post by Guest » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:58 am

heard that there will be a guy and a gal looking at you from head to toe while you are introducing urself...or reading the passage.Like scanning for scars or what.is it true?

is the passage difficult?

Suzycreamcheeze

Post by Suzycreamcheeze » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 1:16 am

Catmeat wrote:
Suzycreamcheeze wrote:i just came back from the silkair walk in interview.
was ok actualy.

walk in, in a group of 10 it hink... mine was the first group so there was abt 7 of us only. then we are asked to introduce ourselves and all.. then read a short passage. like those announcments on the airline.

i don't know what its gonna be like for tmw though. mite be different. but good luck to all those who are trying!

i hope i get thru!
hey suzy
im going down for tmr's silkair interview
was there alot pple?
oh u wont let to know on the spot that u are selected?
for emirates they will tell u on the spot.
not hey wont tell u ont he spot. they will tell u that they will call you within a weeks time if u are shortlisted. i heard from a friend that if u are not selected, they will send u back this slip that u fill up b4 the actual interview. it hink the slip basically tells u that u were not selected and thanks for trying or something like that.

i went at 915am and there were less than 10 pple there.. i was in the first group. after my group finished, about 15 mins later, there were only abt maybe 15-10 pple outside waiting? but iheard after lunch time it was quite packed...

i dunno what the interview is gonna be like tmw, they may change it ard, im not sure. but whatever it is, good luck and all the best =)

Re: SIA interview

Post by Guest » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 4:56 am

next intake? - late 2006
Stewardwannabe wrote:Hi, I heard from someone working in SIA that from the last interview (April), the number of stewards intake was not sufficient ( ard 20-30 ), is this true ?
I heard that SIA is in need of stewards now.
When will the next intake of stewards be ? Is it Jun/Jul ?

Illusion~

silkair interview

Post by Illusion~ » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 9:51 am

The interviews for SilkAir is the same on both days . First round doing a self-introduction followed by reading a short passage. It is not a difficult passage at all so rest assured.

The interviewers who are looking at you while you are introducing yourself is just judging you on how well you carry yourself and of course, your content of introduction. They are not looking for scars etc.

The short passage that you will be reading is just any kind of annoucements that you might need to make when you are a flight stewardess. So at this point of time, they are checking out on your fluency of English.

Be confident with yourself during the interview, carry yourself well.

Be friendly and smile lots. =)

Kyo

SIA Interview

Post by Kyo » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 10:41 am

Hi everyone,

I posted a new topic without realising there is already such an active discussion going on here regarding SIA cabin crew. The last time SIA was looking for stewardess, I applied but did not even get call up for the interview.

I did not fill up the application form and just emailed them my resume directly. I waited and waited and waited.... was feeling quite upset and wondering what went wrong :cry: So I was hoping someone could help me out, is it better to:

1) fill up the application form and sent it through email or normal mail

2) fill up the application form and sent it together with your resume through email or normal mail

Could somone please advise? I really want to be called up for the next interview when it opens. Thanks :)

Reject-boi

Re: SIA Interview

Post by Reject-boi » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:08 pm

Kyo,

I think you did not follow the instructions on the application. If I recall correctly, you should have completed the application form.

Rachel is the recruitment for stewards only in 2006? - Gosh!

Good luck to all.

Kyo wrote:Hi everyone,

I posted a new topic without realising there is already such an active discussion going on here regarding SIA cabin crew. The last time SIA was looking for stewardess, I applied but did not even get call up for the interview.

I did not fill up the application form and just emailed them my resume directly. I waited and waited and waited.... was feeling quite upset and wondering what went wrong :cry: So I was hoping someone could help me out, is it better to:

1) fill up the application form and sent it through email or normal mail

2) fill up the application form and sent it together with your resume through email or normal mail

Could somone please advise? I really want to be called up for the next interview when it opens. Thanks :)

KittyKat

Re: contact lenses?

Post by KittyKat » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:11 pm

becky wrote:Hey, I wonder if SIA allow contact lenses? Been a worry of mine because I wear them and what is "perfect vision" about? I noticed from the SIA cabin crew recruitment page for "Malaysian Stewardess" states that one must have "perfect vision" while for "Indonesian Stewardess", it states "perfect vision(not colour blind)"...........wot does it mean? Does perfect vision means you cannot be colour blind? or does it means you must have 20/20 vision even without glasses or contact lenses? Without contact lenses I still can see(but not very clear).....thanks
Hi Becky! Currently I'm livin in Jakarta, Indonesia. About the contact lenses, I wear them too! But from what I read in the requirements for Indonesian Stewardesses were : "the use of contact lenses are acceptable". I'm sure it should apply for all stewardesses requirements, right? Dat's why I'm kinda encouraged to apply since from what I know, most airlines doesn't allow contact lenses, means your eyesight should be perfect! :cry: Really you have a friend in Indonesia? Maybe you should ask her to join dis forum and we can really chat. Or if you have a yahoo messenger, just add me : [email protected]. About the recruitment of stewardesses, is it ok if I join the Singapore or Malaysian recruitment? Since I'm kinda planning to go there for a vacation sometime in June / July!

Pleasure to talk to you.

Cheers,
KittyKat

Vien

Kiity kat & Jaymee

Post by Vien » Wed, 01 Jun 2005 12:23 pm

Jaymee...thx for your information. i think no matter what company you are applying to and who is the interviewer and etc.. we have to be as proactive as we can.to show that you are really serious wanna join them what do you think?. hehehe..oh thats mean i really have to fly to bali .. huhuh..but thank you very much for your information i really appreciate it.. but mind show how is the second interview?? has it final??

kitty katt..plx add me at [email protected], maybe we can chat on msn and discuss about emirates recruitment. yes the emirates open day will be on bali.. ohh.. i love bali hehe.. add me ok . :)....

-vien-