Singapore Expats

Mandatory Immunization for Newborn

Discuss about childcare, parenthood, playschools, educational, family & international school issues.

Sponsored by:

Canadian International School
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:38 pm

daytripper65. Thanks.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

jmvagabond

Post by jmvagabond » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 2:39 pm

[quote="samsarah"]Most schools do not have requirement that they be vaccinated. I workl in the pre-school sector and it's not a must.[/quote]

Is vaccination required when entering P1?

If yes, what are the minimum vaccine mandatory?

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 4:17 pm

jmvagabond wrote:
samsarah wrote:Most schools do not have requirement that they be vaccinated. I workl in the pre-school sector and it's not a must.

I don't believe so. My husband is on P1 and he never had a vaccine check or any jabs.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 4:25 pm

poodlek wrote:
jmvagabond wrote:
samsarah wrote:Most schools do not have requirement that they be vaccinated. I workl in the pre-school sector and it's not a must.

I don't believe so. My husband is on P1 and he never had a vaccine check or any jabs.
:roll:
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 4:26 pm

nakatago wrote:
poodlek wrote:
jmvagabond wrote: Is vaccination required when entering P1?

LOL did I answer the wrong question?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 4:46 pm

poodlek wrote:
nakatago wrote:
poodlek wrote: I don't believe so. My husband is on P1 and he never had a vaccine check or any jabs.
Ahem. Your hubby's P1 --> EP

jmvagabond's P1 --> Primary 1

:lol:

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Wed, 20 Jun 2012 4:49 pm

the lynx wrote:
poodlek wrote:
nakatago wrote: :roll:
Ahem. Your hubby's P1 --> EP

jmvagabond's P1 --> Primary 1

:lol:
LOL that's what I get for not reading the thread ;-)

jmvagabond

Post by jmvagabond » Thu, 21 Jun 2012 10:38 am

SOrry I messed up the whole post... let me re-phrase.

Is vaccination required for child entering Primary 1?

Is yes, which one? Any authority check?

Cheers,

jmvagabond

What type of evidence to submit?

Post by jmvagabond » Mon, 28 Jan 2013 9:57 pm

To any expats/ foreigners in SG who have their children vaccinated back in their countries.

For school entry reasons, do the schools go through verification that these vaccinations are equivalent/ sufficient?

Any required docs?

snowqueen
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowqueen » Tue, 29 Jan 2013 8:18 pm

Just based on my personal experience, when my son started at White Lodge at 2 years old, I was asked for his immunization certificate. My son was born here so I just went with the vaccines the Dr said was required in Singapore - I never thought to question it. Once he was up to date at about 18 months old I was given a certificate which said I would be asked to show when he started school - and I was asked.

There is a bit of an anti-vaccine movement these days and I know a friend of mine didn't give a single vaccine to her child till he was nearly 2 and even then only gave the minimum legally required in individual doses, not the 5 in Ones etc.

I also know another friend of mine who was sent a letter from the Ministry of Health asking what vaccines her son had had, she's the only person I know to have been asked by the authorities so not sure if it was just a spot check.

You will be asked by the school though what vaccines your child has had. Hope this helps.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Jul 2013 10:13 pm

http://au.news.yahoo.com/queensland/a/- ... mp=twitter

Just an update on the deaths of non-vaccinated children in Queensland, Aus to revitalize this thread for anybody contemplating putting other children at risk by not vaccinating you child and putting them in a public school setting.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Mon, 29 Jul 2013 5:48 am

Your child CAN NOT start P1 until they are vaccinated. If you start your child in school unvaccinated, if you go to a park, go to a shopping centre etc - wear a huge sign saying MY CHILD IS UNVACCINATED. Then all parents of children who are too young to yet have full vaccination GET THE HELL OUT OF YOUR WAY. Unvaccinated children can kill those children who have not yet reached the end of their scheduled vaccination regimes.

Remember this is a country where TB and polio still exist. GET YOUR CHILD VACCINATED. There is simply NO argument for not doing so. It is only parent selfishness. Think how you would feel if your child contracted TB or polio - for the rest of their lives (maybe short ones) you would have to look into their eyes! Then try your excuses on them.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 9:30 am

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 12:10 pm

Well said!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Thu, 19 Dec 2013 3:22 pm

Except that what was said about thiomersal is so called half true and the compund is already phased out in many countries, especially in the children vaccines. Simply, any compund of Mercury is toxic and have potential to accumulate in the body so the common sense is to avoid it.
No link to autism though as stated.