Singapore Expats

Best place for a Singapore Sling?

Discuss about food, eating places, shopping centres, clubs, pubs, massage, sports, travel & holidays. Share tips on best place to chill, party, relax or travel destinations.
Waffer Theen Meent

Best place for a Singapore Sling?

Post by Waffer Theen Meent » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 10:35 pm

Hi!

Recently arrived in Singapore, and wondered if anyone has a suggestion for the best place to get a Singapore Sling?

Cheers!
Dan[/quote]

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 08 Oct 2013 11:05 pm

You can buy it premixed in supermarkets...

However the traditional place to have ones first Sling is in the Raffles Long bar - where I believe it was invented. Take your credit card.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 10:03 am

PNGMK wrote:You can buy it premixed in supermarkets...

However the traditional place to have ones first Sling is in the Raffles Long bar - where I believe it was invented. Take your credit card.
+1 .. then again, you can ask in Raffles if you want more PUNCH or less PUNCH :) try it .. ;) it worked for me ..

Almost any bar serves Sling, and each have their own twist .. no, the pre-mixed ones suck .. big time

Waffer Theen Meent

Post by Waffer Theen Meent » Wed, 09 Oct 2013 9:44 pm

Yeah I wasn't planning on getting one from a supermarket!!

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 10:52 am

I like the one at Oscars at Conrad centennial

It's $25++ though
nutnut

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 11:27 am

ecureilx wrote:
+1 .. then again, you can ask in Raffles if you want more PUNCH or less PUNCH :) try it .. ;) it worked for me ..

Almost any bar serves Sling, and each have their own twist .. no, the pre-mixed ones suck .. big time
I believe they are pre-mixed in the Long Bar. The bar staff just push a button, comes from the same nozzle as soda, etc. That was the case a few years back when I was last there.

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Thu, 10 Oct 2013 12:01 pm

bgd wrote:I believe they are pre-mixed in the Long Bar. The bar staff just push a button, comes from the same nozzle as soda, etc. That was the case a few years back when I was last there.
I was in SG for an assignment in March and i popped over to the Long Bar. I actually saw them mixing everything together and doing the shaking and all that. No pre-mixes, no nozzles, but made from scratch.

Allieee

Post by Allieee » Tue, 17 Dec 2013 10:34 am

Great, exactly what I was looking for! My parents are coming to SG next week and I def wanna take them to try the Singapore Sling :). Stupid question: Can you also have dinner in the Long Bar or what would you recommend?

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:58 am

Not sure if Long Bar serves food. But there are restaurants in the Raffles Hotel.
Plus, depending on whether you're up for wandering the streets, there are restaurants all around Raffles Hotel.