Singapore Expats

Where to get a labrador retriever puppy

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
jdreyes25

Where to get a labrador retriever puppy

Post by jdreyes25 » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 4:14 pm

Hi - I am currently looking for a labrador puppy. Does anyone here have any recommendation of good, ethical breeders/pet shops?

Thank you!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 4:16 pm

Would you consider adoption?

http://www.spca.org.sg/services.asp

That will prevent the ethical issues of puppy mills and also consider this as a noble cause.

Plus SPCA will handle all the vaccination for you for free.

jdreyes25

Post by jdreyes25 » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 4:22 pm

Hi Lynx - thanks! Yes, I have been checking SPCA site as well and to see if there will be any lab for adoption.

Thank you!

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 6:33 pm

I am surprised how many young animals they have...

A different question: I can see in many pet stores around they have there guinea pigs for sale. As far as I know the temperatures above 32 deg C could be for them pretty deadly so how do they survive in Singapore? Hard to believe they are all airconed.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 7:55 pm

The ones that are still alive, are. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 13 Dec 2013 9:47 pm

x9200 wrote:I am surprised how many young animals they have...
I'm not really. People see Paris Hilton (et al) with her tea-cup Yorkie being carried around in a Hermes Birkin bag, what's not to aspire to.

[scratched record sound]

The reality is it p+s's on the floor each night, and requires exercise, care, love and $$$.... > 'It wasn't meant to be like this :???: '

Picking up a young rescue dog like that could be idea, win-win. But only as long as you are ready to take *proper* care of it this time.

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Sun, 15 Dec 2013 6:54 pm

If you are looking for some guidance as to how to find adoptable dogs (or Labs, if that's your particular love), please contact Adeline at http://sgpetbuddies.com. She's a lovely person, and will be able to steer you in the right direction for a dog who best matches your family's personality….Really, Adeline is one of the most caring people we've met here….good luck with your adoption!

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Sun, 15 Dec 2013 6:58 pm

I hope the Mods won't dis me, but http://sgpetbuddies.com were so kind to me when our cat passed on….I've met a lot of Singaporeans, and can honestly say that Adeline, the owner of PetBuddies, is one of the kindest and most spiritual people I've met here….She is definitely the person to contact if you're looking to adopt a pet, as I truly believe that she is keyed into what's happening in adoption and pet care on this Little Red Dot.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 15 Dec 2013 8:06 pm

Cate, recommendations are what we like on this board. Anybody with a financial interest in a company/organization isn't recommending, but advertising. Somebody who has used a service/product/company and was happy with their service and would go back them again, THAT's a recommendation. :cool:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Sun, 15 Dec 2013 8:26 pm

SMS, I cannot recommend PetBuddies enough….And I've paid into PetBuddies, rather than received any payment FROM them, all I can say is….Thank you for allowing my snaps to be viewed by ppl from this forum….