Singapore Expats

'5 places where drink is cheap' - article

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

'5 places where drink is cheap' - article

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:17 pm

http://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/5-plac ... 00158.html

Has anyone tried any of these places?

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 12:20 pm

The 1st one, Five Izakaya bar is just below my office in CBP :)

I guess, the drinks are cheap, but the finger food will be damn expensive. Its the total bill size that matters.

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 6:09 pm

I've tried two, but now plan to do a tour through the other 3 :D Thanks for the link.

The joy of happy hours is in the search and testing. If you care to join for some martini's and oysters, just give a shout... heheh,

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 6:53 pm

Grumpy77 wrote:I've tried two, but now plan to do a tour through the other 3 :D Thanks for the link.

The joy of happy hours is in the search and testing. If you care to join for some martini's and oysters, just give a shout... heheh,

Hahaha.... sounds fun! :lol:

BoroBoy
Regular
Regular

Post by BoroBoy » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 7:09 pm

"Invite a group of friends out to drink with you – the more the better. Try to make it at least six people. Once the venue is agreed upon, be sure to arrive about 40 minutes late. By then, most people would have ordered a few bottles, a whole beer tower, etc.
You can probably leech off the drinks already ordered, without calling for any yourself. If everyone’s sloshed enough at the end of the night, chances are good that no one will notice."

I hate this guy already so I dont want to read the rest of the article! I have 'friends' like that, and I _do_ notice even if I dont mention it.

Having said that I have been on nights out with friends and not bought a round but I have also been on other nights out where I have bought the majority of drinks, it swings in roundabout with good drinking buddies, I hate the tw@ts who try to milk you and never put their hand in their pocket.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Mon, 09 Dec 2013 7:35 pm

Agreed. He sounds like a right twat and I expect few like him.

When I worked down on LIFFE (the then open-outcry futures exchange in London) there was a code of honour on getting rounds in at lunchtime. If you got to being accused of 'Being shy' [i.e. not being up-front and ready to get your round in, when your round was due], it was an instant and brutal 'little social death', like being handed the Black-Spot.

It only happened to me once, and on that occasion I was done (drinks-wise), but was overlooking the 'roll-over obligation' I had to others.

'Getting rounds in', and the mutual obligation, can be a very serious affair!